Build...
CPU- i5-3570k
Mobo- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM- 6 GB 1600 MHz Corsair
GPU- XFX HD 5870
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 1 TB and Samsung F4
PSU- Antec Truepower 750W
OS- Win 7 64-bit

I recently upgraded from an i7-930+ASUS P6T to the i5-3570k+ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. I had the 12.6 drivers installed, but it kept giving me BSODs on small things such as youtube videos...it would also make my windows minimizing and maximizing on the desktop lag and just a bunch of other things. I tried the 12.7 beta drivers and I got artifacts on the my desktop and it ended with a BSOD too. I couldn't find older drivers and I don't remember the last driver I had before I upgraded my CPU and Mobo so I took out the 1.45 stock driver and it's been great since until...I started playing Counter-Strike: Source...its been fine for half a day and hasn't given me any problems even after hours of CS:S, but I just started playing for about 30 minutes after a couple hours of idle time and ended up getting a brown screen of death that just completely froze my computer.

I bought the GPU around summer of 2010 and it was perfect and never gave me any problems on BF3 and Crysis...so I don't know what to do anymore...

Any advice? Thanks.

whatadai

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Wanted to add that the GPU never goes over 70 degrees Celsius and I haven't overclocked anything. I also use MSI afterburner to control the fan depending on temperature.