• Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 15, 2012 11:16:42 AM

will be running on:

processor: i7-3770K
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Dominator
PSU: 750W Corsair

now had to choose between HD 7970 Dual-X or GTX 680 Twin Frozr.

will be used for intensive gaming and video editing.

More about : 7970 dual gtx 680 twin frozr

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 11:51:13 AM

i suggest sapphire 7970 6gb toxic edition for it
second choice zotac gtx 680 amp edition
m
l
August 15, 2012 12:25:25 PM

You should grab the GTX680 twin frozr III it has a good thermal efficiency.
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 12:35:12 PM

Take this suggestion from me.

Save yourself the hassle and go with an Nvidia card.

I myself have a Radeon HD5970 and while I can still max out pretty much every game out there still with the exception of using Anti Aliasing. I hate this card.

What plagues AMD/ATI -- ATI is no more but thats only the name, is their drivers. Any real hardcore enthusiast will tell you the same.

Yes their hardware is typically more powerful and less expensive, but just the driver issues alone and having all these application profiles for crossfire configs, and all this extra crap is not worth the headache and the $50 saved.

That review of the guy talking about playing Max Payne 3, he went over 200 MB of VRAM. I'm more than sure you can sacrifice some settings to play the game on 3 monitors and a lower resolution, but if you have 3 16:10 monitors get a 4GB edition Nvidia card.

m
l
August 15, 2012 12:35:38 PM

erm, you do know that 7970 ghz toxic edition was discontinued right?

and I already searched for Vapor-X Ghz edition but it is yet to be available here, hence why I only listed Dual-X
m
l
August 15, 2012 1:03:24 PM

fyqri said:
will be running on:

processor: i7-3770K
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Dominator
PSU: 750W Corsair

now had to choose between HD 7970 Dual-X or GTX 680 Twin Frozr.

will be used for intensive gaming and video editing.

If your runing multiple monitor save yourself trouble and get the hd7970. I own the 680gtx-sli and I regret my choice. Its just so bugged in 3monitor set-up. Everything crash, dam now even notpad sometimes crash. Skype do not work anymore, well I can chat but the sound do not work.

Eyefinity seems to be more polished then nvidia surround. And when soemthing crash due to my multiple monitor set-up then one of my screen usual stop responding and re-booting do not fix it sometimes.

I'll hold my 680 for now but as soon as the 8070 will it the market I'll buy it. Sadly it won't be anytime soon.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:08:12 PM

well for single monitor gaming nvidia good choice
for multiple monitor gaming ati is good choice
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:20:17 PM

fyqri said:
erm, you do know that 7970 ghz toxic edition was discontinued right?

and I already searched for Vapor-X Ghz edition but it is yet to be available here, hence why I only listed Dual-X

Not discontinued, just "OUT OF STOCK"

Quote:
Take this suggestion from me.

Save yourself the hassle and go with an Nvidia card.

I myself have a Radeon HD5970 and while I can still max out pretty much every game out there still with the exception of using Anti Aliasing. I hate this card.

The 5970 definitely has it's issues. Notably, the 2D clocks and BSOD because of them. Mod these clocks and the issues dissipate. The biggest issue is the 1GB of VRAM with today's games. Just goes to convey that more = better.

Question: Would I buy a 7970 Toxic for $699? Probably not, I'd wait for the 7990 and spend the extra couple hundred.

I have 2 6990's and fully disagree with your post. You talk about drivers... do I need to point out some rather infamous driver mishaps on nVidia's behalf? Or the fact that the forums are inundated with complaints about nVidia cards?

m
l
August 15, 2012 1:24:31 PM

monu_08 said:
nope for intensive gaming u need more vga ram as is suggest 7970 6gb version
here review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ir0obTSQbM

Most of the latest game titles in max settings and resolutions only use about 1.5 to maybe 2gb of vid memory max. Wtf is a 6gb card going to do for you besides help you support multi monitor setups better?..........................lol
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 1:28:02 PM

Stickem said:
Most of the latest game titles in max settings and resolutions only use about 1.5 to maybe 2gb of vid memory max. Wtf is a 6gb card going to do for you besides help you support multi monitor setups better?..........................lol

If you've been in the PC gaming community you'd know about "MODS". And that some games have no problem eating VRAM... Ex: Shogun 2... if it's there it'll use it.
m
l
August 15, 2012 1:45:57 PM

Razec69 said:

What plagues AMD/ATI -- ATI is no more but thats only the name, is their drivers. Any real hardcore enthusiast will tell you the same.

Yes their hardware is typically more powerful and less expensive, but just the driver issues alone and having all these application profiles for crossfire configs, and all this extra crap is not worth the headache and the $50 saved.

Wow, can't believe people still using that as a justification. Currently, both sides are equally good as far as i'm concerned. Personally, Been using the infamous hybrid crossfire for a while now and the only time that CCC ran into a problem was with a unstable overclock.

Besides Radeon HD 7970 is faster than GTX 680 at the same clock, so overclock it a bit(or alot) and you are good to go.
m
l