Home server power supply

basty2168

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I am building a Home server and I was wondering which power supply I should get. I would like to have at least 3 S-ata plugs but it would be optimal to have 6 (one for each hard drive). I only have three hard drives now and its not together yet so I may not need more. All of the parts came from previous builds and normally I go with a power supply that is much larger than what is needed but since this is going to be on all of the time I would like it to stay low wattage but still have enough to do everything properly. Here are the specs of the build

Biostar TA890GXB-HD AMD 890GX
Phenom II X4 955
1x 4gb g.skill 1600Mhz
1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 Terabyte
2x Seagate Barracuda Green 5400 1.5 Terabyte
Cooler Master Elite 371 with one fan in rear and one fan in front

Ps, if you have a reccomendation for a fron diagnostics panel that would be great also.

popatim

Titan
Solution

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Not to piggy back off this thread that much since my question is really similar. Do you have any recommendations for a home server for 12 hard drives sata power and no video card? I am using many molex to 4 sata converters but I believe its dangerous to use this as a permanent solution in my server.

basty2168

Honorable
May 12, 2012
ty sorry about no response didn't know it got posted cuz chrome crashed. but thank you for the quick reply and info on power supply. also since you said that you have built servers is this one going to be decently powered for running a 32 slot CS:GO dedicated server along with a Killing Floor dedicated server with both a team speak and vent server on it also.