Upgrading PC

jespere

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hey all.

To put it simply, i need an upgrade to my pc.

Specs:

Processor: AMD PhenomII X4 975
CPU Fan: Stock
Graphics: Gtx 460, but i do have a 6770 laying around here (sli perhaps? :p)
MOBO: Asus M4N98TD EVO
Ram: 2x8 Gig 1600 mhz
PSU: Some crappy codegen 600W
Case: Antec Threehundred

Approximate Purchase Date: From now - Summer

Budget Range: 7-800 $,

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming gaming gaming, programming.
Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Mainly thinking PSU, MOBO and CPU
Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Well, i live in Sweden, so I can't use sites like newegg and NCIX. Utherwise i have no preferences.

Location: As previously mentioned, Sweden. Västra Götaland to be a bit more precise
Parts Preferences: No preferences at all. Looking to get the most performance from the least money.

Overclocking: Nope

SLI or Crossfire: A definate possibility.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60 hz

Additional Comments: I would like the most horsepower possible within my budget (ofc, cheaper is better :))
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Im feeling like my current system can't play the games i play properly (i.e hitting around 55 fps in BF3 at 1920x1080 all on low, barely managing Borderlands 2 1920x1080 etc etc etc.

//Jesper

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I don't think so. If you look at benchmarks, I think the gtx 660 is perhaps slightly above a gtx 570 for performance. Personally, i know that intel is supposed to be better, but I am almost in in the same boat as ive got an an Athlon quad overclocked to 3.3ghz. Thinking my next upgrade will be a new psu and a gtx660, 6950 or 7850. I think I would try that first and see if you like wherr you are first.