Sign in with
Your question
Closed

6 pin -connectcor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 1:58:39 PM

does sapphire raedon hd 7750 1gb ddr5 requires to be connected with a 6 pin connector for power supply or it takes the whole power from the pciex16 slot?

More about : pin connectcor

a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 2:00:38 PM

It doesn't require one. TDP < 75 watts do not require external power.

There were rumours that a high clocked batch of 7750s will come out that *MIGHT* require external power, but no one has seen any yet.
Score
August 15, 2012 2:04:13 PM

from a bit of looking the model you mentioned relies entirely on the pci-e slot for power.
Score
Related resources
August 15, 2012 2:07:19 PM

MEMOFLEX said:
from a bit of looking the model you mentioned relies entirely on the pci-e slot for power.

my processor has max tdp of 65 watt . will that 7750 will work on 180 watt psu?
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 2:09:26 PM

BSNL said:
my processor has max tdp of 65 watt . will that 7750 will work on 180 watt psu?

It might. Depending on what the rest of the system is. So long as you have 1 or 2 HDDs, 1 optical drive, it should work. But you will be pushing the PSU close to its limits, and thus decreasing its longevity.
Score
August 15, 2012 2:14:07 PM

Maxx_Power said:
It might. Depending on what the rest of the system is. So long as you have 1 or 2 HDDs, 1 optical drive, it should work. But you will be pushing the PSU close to its limits, and thus decreasing its longevity.

don't worry , if the pc restarts then i will by a cooler master 350 watt psu. and i have 1 HDD of sata 500 gb of 7200 RPM. 1 monitor(lcd), 1 key board, 1 mouse, 2gb ddr2 ram, motherboard MSI boston v1.0 of ddr2 version. And what is optical drive which you told in your post?
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 2:18:04 PM

BSNL said:
don't worry , if the pc restarts then i will by a cooler master 350 watt psu. and i have 1 HDD of sata 500 gb of 7200 RPM. 1 monitor(lcd), 1 key board, 1 mouse, 2gb ddr2 ram, motherboard MSI boston v1.0 of ddr2 version. And what is optical drive which you told in your post?

Optical Drive (any drives that uses optics to read data) like DVD Burners, CD Burners, Blue Ray, etc...

HDDs are magnetic drives.

Sony MiniDiscs are opto-magnetic drives.

etc, etc.

If you plan on getting an aftermarket PSU, make sure it fits! A lot of brand name boxes of PCs can't accommodate a full sized ATX PSU, so make sure you check the dimensions. Also, Cooler Master is cheap for a reason...
Score
August 15, 2012 2:20:35 PM

Maxx_Power said:
Optical Drive (any drives that uses optics to read data) like DVD Burners, CD Burners, Blue Ray, etc...

HDDs are magnetic drives.

Sony MiniDiscs are opto-magnetic drives.

etc, etc.

If you plan on getting an aftermarket PSU, make sure it fits! A lot of brand name boxes of PCs can't accommodate a full sized ATX PSU, so make sure you check the dimensions. Also, Cooler Master is cheap for a reason...

yes cooler master is cheap. is the quality of cooler master is good?and do i have to tell the computer expert (who will install the 7750 graphics card) that it does require any connector for power up?
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 2:28:52 PM

BSNL said:
yes cooler master is cheap. is the quality of cooler master is good?and do i have to tell the computer expert (who will install the 7750 graphics card) that it does require any connector for power up?

The cooler master is not a good power supply, especially the cheaper ones. You can get (in ATX form factor) a nice corsair, or antec for a little more money than the cooler master.

Getting a high quality PSU (not wattage, wattage is NOT quality) will go a long way in ensuring reliability and longevity of your computer. Some of the cheap cheap PSUs actually blow up when they die.
Score
August 15, 2012 2:53:22 PM

Maxx_Power said:
The cooler master is not a good power supply, especially the cheaper ones. You can get (in ATX form factor) a nice corsair, or antec for a little more money than the cooler master.

Getting a high quality PSU (not wattage, wattage is NOT quality) will go a long way in ensuring reliability and longevity of your computer. Some of the cheap cheap PSUs actually blow up when they die.

and do i have to tell the computer expert (who will install the 7750 graphics card) that it does require any connector for power up?
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 3:06:44 PM

BSNL said:
and do i have to tell the computer expert (who will install the 7750 graphics card) that it does require any connector for power up?

Well, the "computer expert" should know... It will be obvious once he looks at the video card. It doesn't require one though. The "expert" should also be able to recognize if you need a higher powered PSU (or not), by testing the card in your computer. You shouldn't have to worry if someone else is doing the install.
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 3:31:03 PM

Maxx_Power said:
You shouldn't have to worry if someone else is doing the install.

Though most people here would actually be nervous about letting an unknown "expert" touch their PC.
Score
August 15, 2012 5:21:19 PM

Best answer selected by BSNL.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 8:48:03 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!