Great the demo just crashes back to desktop right away......

I guess my system is too wimpy to play it.

Well guess I wont be buying it any time soon...

Moondog

Andrew

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:18:27 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I guess my system is too wimpy to play it.

See my message in the "BF2 demo problem" thread.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:33:22 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:18:27 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I guess my system is too wimpy to play it.
>
>See my message in the "BF2 demo problem" thread.

Thanks I tried that and it did not help. :)

set the con file to 1024x768@75HZ

did not help!

Moondog

"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I guess my system is too wimpy to play it.
>
> Well guess I wont be buying it any time soon...

My FX500XT did that - game requires 77.30 drivers, now works fine :)

Of course, if you have an nVidia older than the FX series, you are out of
luck. From your last post a couple of days ago you appear to have a Ti4200 -
unfortunately that means it will not work, and the best you will get it the
crash to desktop.

Dan

lee

Hi, I have a Ti4200, where did you get your info about them not working as I
need to see it in black and white for myself? Thanks.

And no, it doesn't work on mine either. :(

--

Lee
http://www.bradford7.co.uk

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I guess my system is too wimpy to play it.
>>
>> Well guess I wont be buying it any time soon...
>
> My FX500XT did that - game requires 77.30 drivers, now works fine :)
>
> Of course, if you have an nVidia older than the FX series, you are out of
> luck. From your last post a couple of days ago you appear to have a
> Ti4200 - unfortunately that means it will not work, and the best you will
> get it the crash to desktop.
>
> Dan

Andrew

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:19:53 GMT, "Lee"
<SPAMroadkillSPAM@bradford7.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi, I have a Ti4200, where did you get your info about them not working as I
>need to see it in black and white for myself? Thanks.

From the demo readme:
" Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series"

bug

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:22:12 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:19:53 GMT, "Lee"
><SPAMroadkillSPAM@bradford7.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I have a Ti4200, where did you get your info about them not working as I
>>need to see it in black and white for myself? Thanks.
>
>From the demo readme:
>" Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
> Radeon X700 (PCIe)
> Radeon X600 (PCIe)
> GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
> GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
> GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
> ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
> ATI Radeon X800 PRO
> ATI Radeon 9800 Series
> ATI Radeon 9600 Series
> ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
> ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
> ATI Radeon 8500 Series
> ATI Radeon X300 Series
> NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
> NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
> NVidia GeForce 6800
> NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
> NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
> NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series"

FWIW, I've got it running OK with a 6600GT/AGP, although that's not one
of the listed cards. Folks with a reasonably current vid card that's not
in the readme.txt might give it a try just to see if it works.

The Ti 4xxx series, unfortunately, isn't of recent enough vintage
(missing hardware T&L or some't, isn't it?).

Andrew

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:03:40 GMT, bug <bug@example.com> wrote:

>The Ti 4xxx series, unfortunately, isn't of recent enough vintage
>(missing hardware T&L or some't, isn't it?).

The GeForce 1 onward had hardware T&L. The GF4's lack DX9
acceleration.

There was a thread on the DC forums (Forumplanet.com) that explained how to
get a GeForce 4 to work.

Something to do with disabling the 1.4 pixel shader and enabling 1.2.
Though, I am not sure WHY anybody would do that as the card isn't powerful
enough in other ways...

"Sparky Polastri" <jafiwam@MuNGEDyahoo.com> wrote in message

> There was a thread on the DC forums (Forumplanet.com) that explained how
> to get a GeForce 4 to work.
>
> Something to do with disabling the 1.4 pixel shader and enabling 1.2.
> Though, I am not sure WHY anybody would do that as the card isn't powerful
> enough in other ways...

Isn't that the thread where later you find out it only enables the menu, and
the game itself still won't work?

Dan