New Newsgroup

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hey all, I need some help. I would like to create a new newsgroup and I'm
not sure how to go about it. What's the procedure for proposing one and to
who do I do it to?

Thanks

--
Jeff Muñiz

Committee: A group that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

"Jeff Muñiz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in

> Hey all, I need some help. I would like to create a new newsgroup and
> I'm not sure how to go about it. What's the procedure for proposing
> one and to who do I do it to?

There is a big difference between creating a usenet group such as comp.*
where many games groups are... or creating an alternative newsgroup such as
alt.* which was invented specifically to avoid all of the "paperwork" of
doing usenet groups.

There are FAQ files which cover both. It might be quicker to google with
the words FAQ newsgroup creation

Gandalf Parker