ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP 2Gb or MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC

BlackSheepZA

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hi all,

First of all, I am sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything referencing the exact two graphics cards, ASUS GTX 560 Ti 2Gb or MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1Gb

Basically, I have ordered a computer from a company that will build a computer for me and I have been given the option of the two cards listed above and I'm not too sure which one would be the better. It comes with the MSI card, but for $35 I can upgrade to the ASUS card. I have honestly lost touch with the latest computer components, the last one I built was over 8 years ago.

If it helps, here is a basic spec of the computer:

Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.5GHz (with a Noctua NH-D14 cooler)
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Obviously the company making the computer for me suggests that the ASUS graphics card would be the better bet, it means slightly more money for them, I don't mind spending the extra cash if it will be worth it in the end, I want the computer to be able to carry on playing current and future games at decent graphics for a few years before I think of upgrading.

I appreciate any help that can be given!

Thanks

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
It isn't worth the $35 to go from 1gb of vram to 2gb unless you are going to be gaming on more than one monitor, which you can't with either card so it would be a waste unless you're playing at 1440x2560 or some other insane single-monitor resolution like 4k...

Plus MSI's twin frozr cooler is outstanding in its cooling performance.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah go for the MSI card. A 560 Ti can't really do much with more than a GB of RAM anyway (as in, very roughly, it'll not have much more processing power to utilize more than 1GB).
Plus that cooler's damn good.

As kevin83 said, if you're playing at a normal resolution like 1080p (or below) then go with the MSI.

BlackSheepZA

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Thanks for the replies so far, Kevin83 is quite right, those are the only options apart from going up to a 670 or 680, and that is a little out of my budget, the computer as it stands is almost at my budget limit. I have already ordered and afterwards they replied and mentioned the other card and wanted to know if I wanted the upgrade. I was already leaning more to the MSI, glad to know that I'm not a complete idiot.

TRENDING THREADS