How do i get my computer to startup at a pre-determined ti..

see subject
3 answers Last reply
More about computer startup determined

    If you mean wake from standby or hibernation, you can try setting up a
    scheduled task with the "Wake the computer to run this task" box checked in
    settings.

    If you mean power the computer on at a scheduled time, XP doesn't have this
    functionality because the computer must first be running for the OS to
    function. You will need a networked computer and a "wake on LAN" utility.
    Try an Internet search for "wake on LAN".

    "JJ" wrote:

    > see subject

    See your computer manual for instructions on accessing the BIOS. Most have an option to boot the system at a specific time.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E1C167-2888-4979-9065-35F333D5AE36@microsoft.com...
    > see subject
  3. Wow I didn't know it can be done from the BIOS. What models support this?

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP