GTX680: D3 Lag spike at 2560x1440

Heys guys.

I'm getting lag spikes once in a while with large groups in D3 (usually Act 3)

I have settings maxed at 2560x1440 -shadows in High Smooth (max setting)

I play in Full windows mode (as I have two other flanking monitors I like to mouse-over for 2D applications).

Now its only sometimes and its rare, my FPS would drop down to 2fps for a few seconds (sometimes 10 seconds).

I have V-Sync enabled and 99% of the time I get constant 60fps with V-sync enabled.

GPU-Z :
VRAM is under 700mb
GPU Load: 50-60%
Heat is a consistent 75C.
CPU usage does not go over 13%
If I turn off VSYNC it goes to about 120+FPS with 100% GPU load. -but I always play in full windows mode
Just formated my computer -So i have the newest drivers avaible.

•I turned down Shadows to Medium Smooth and I have no issues.

Is this driver related? Game coding? Or my rig just isn’t up for Shadows High Smooth?

This has been hapening since release so I know a rollback on GPU drivers won't fix this.
My internet connection hardlined in and my connection is not the issue.

Anyone have similar cases? I assumed a GTX680 would have no issues at 2560x1440 on especially D3.

Rest of my rig is on my signature.

Regards,
2 answers Last reply
More about gtx680 spike 2560x1440
  1. Its most likely just Diablo 3. The fact that the game requires you to be connected to Blizzards servers which arent the best. I run the game at either 1920x1080 or 5760x1080 when I switch to EyeFinity. Either way I can easily get 120+fps if I cut off Vsync, but I still get lag and the "rubber band" effect.
  2. But it doesnt happen when I set the shadows to Smooth Medium. Which I find strange.

What is rubberbanding?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia GPUs Lag Graphics