Do I Have The Power?

stevieboy21

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Would a 350 watt Gold Certified PSU be powerful enough for the system below?

A8-3800 (4 x 2.4GHz w/ 2.7 Boost) - 65 watts
Mini ITX MoBo
Diamond Radeon 6670 2Gb DDR3 (CrossFired with APU)
8GB 1333mhz DDR3
Wi-Fi USB
5200 RPM HD
Optical Drive

The video card specs suggests a 400 watt PSU, but you know how these video card manufacturers are, they are always over-exaggerating PSU requirements. Also, will disconnecting the optical drive save power?

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6670 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

The maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater specification is based on a system that uses an Intel i7-920 CPU and associated motherboard. In other words this system consumes more power than yours.

You should have no problems if your 350 watt Gold Certified power supply has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater.

I noticed, in your other post, that you refer to the FSP300-60EGA power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps. This would work.