Is this error due to my PSU?

planbam

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hey guys, I recently built my first computer which at first I was extremely pleased with. I got everything in except for my GPU and my computer was working great (besides the fact I couldn't run games, but that was without my GPU). So my Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 comes in and it works great for about an hour. Then I begin getting the dreaded "Display Driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have tried pretty much everything except returning any parts. I believe my problem is that my PSU. I have a Corsair CX600 Watt
PSU. Games like Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3 crash within 2-3 minutes of gameplay. Other not as high graphical games run perfectly fine at max settings. I also just checked with MSI Afterburner and it showed on the games that I crash on it has about 99% GPU Usage. I just tried Chivalry and I think the max got to about 78% or something around there.

I need help and need to know if I should upgrade my PSU! Also if so, i was looking at the Corsair TX750 Watt PSU and was wondering if that would cover me.

Thanks!

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

The CX600 is plenty enough for your build so I dont see that being the problem. The only thing I can think of now is doing reinstalling the CCC drivers again. Which im sure youve already tried ?

TRENDING THREADS