Your question

Power supply fan won't turn on

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 19, 2013 8:57:12 PM

I just built a new pc and I havent installed windows as my dvd drive is yet to arrive. However just to test it was working I switched my pc on and it worked fine. I have only gone into the bios so far but I noticed the fan on the power supply wasn't spinning. Is the fan on the power supply supposed to spin whilst in the bios?

More about : power supply fan turn

February 19, 2013 9:04:30 PM

anasthmaticdog said:
I just built a new pc and I havent installed windows as my dvd drive is yet to arrive. However just to test it was working I switched my pc on and it worked fine. I have only gone into the bios so far but I noticed the fan on the power supply wasn't spinning. Is the fan on the power supply supposed to spin whilst in the bios?

What PSU do you have? As mine the Corsair GS800 doesnt turn the fan on until its at a certain load and things start heating up.
February 19, 2013 9:14:30 PM

abCasPeRR said:
What PSU do you have? As mine the Corsair GS800 doesnt turn the fan on until its at a certain load and things start heating up.

It's the corsair tx 750w v2

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 19, 2013 9:15:42 PM

abCasPeRR said:

I agree to this, using a CX430 and CX500.
February 19, 2013 9:55:11 PM

anasthmaticdog said:
It's the corsair tx 750w v2

According to the specs that I've read on the power supply. It says that the fans adjusts to the temperature of the PSU. So if its the same thing as mine, it wont turn on until its under a certain load and temperature. I could be wrong, but call their customer service and see exactly.
!