Building a computer, but can't get anything on the monitor

__SEan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012
This is the build

I have the motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, and power supply all connected, I turn it on and nothing shows up on the monitor.

All the fan blades are spinning, but the monitor isn't picking up the VGA cable.
I have tested it with a laptop, and the monitor picked it up instantly.

What would be causing this? Do I need to do a BIOS update first (not sure how with nothing on the screen), then try getting it to load? Should I use a HDMI cable instead of a VGA? (the monitor isn't compatible with HDMI though)

I tried searching around, but couldn't find anything.

Solution
no lol. you are lucky to even have a 100mhz pentium. intel changed their sockets at least 8 times since that pentium 100mhz which are not compatable with each other
when you click the link for the build, notice on top in red it says:

"Warning: This part list has potential issues/incompatibilities. (See details.)"

so now you must either, get a sandy bridge chip to use for just a bios update, or return the motherboard for a correct one......

__SEan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012
There is no other way to do a BIOS update?
Can't even update via a bootable USB?

I saw the incompatibilities before buying because I thought it would be simple to update the BIOS.

__SEan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012
I fond several old computers in my house, but 2 out of the 3 are AMD, but the last one is a very old Intel Pentium 100mhz processor, and that is as specific as it shows.

Would that be compatible with the motherboard's socket: LGA1155?
I would rather not have to crack open this old computer if I don't have to.

__SEan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2012
Damn, kind of figured that one wouldn't work, lol.

I guess I'll just try going to a computer store and seeing if they will update the BIOS.
Thanks for the help though.