Sign in with
Your question

[ATI]Displays shuts off when playing games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 6:40:42 PM

I am suspecting it is the graphics card at this point, but can't be totally sure.
I have a ATI Radeon HD5850, and when I am playing high performance games, it will shuts down, and I will hear the fan turning at max speed with a loud noise coming from the GPU.
I even tried to manually turned the fan speed up at 100%, which is very loud, but still failed to play games after few minutes.

what can i do? I have cleaned the computer already, and left the side opened hoping for better ventilation.

thank you.
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 6:55:58 PM

maybe try lowering your resolution and detail settings just to see if that will work for extended periods of time. its getting to be an older card and games are becoming more demanding so it will not be able to play all games at high detail
m
l
August 15, 2012 8:18:11 PM

Except that it shouldn't overheat in matter of minutes though, at least for me that doesn't seem right.
I have most games at medium quality already, so I am still very puzzled.
m
l
August 15, 2012 9:27:17 PM

carowden said:
maybe try lowering your resolution and detail settings just to see if that will work for extended periods of time. its getting to be an older card and games are becoming more demanding so it will not be able to play all games at high detail

I totally understand your point. However, if I do get a different card, then it will still have heating issues.
m
l
!