Solved

Is a AMD Athlon II x2 "Regor" outdated for gaming?

I have a computer with a AMD Athlon II x2 "Regor" central processor,
and I would like to know if it is still ANY good for the latest in gaming?
If not could you please tell me how I might go about upgrading.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about athlon regor outdated gaming
  1. If it plays the games you like at an acceptable FPS then no, but since your asking it is a little long in the tooth. What motherboard are you using?
  2. Zraster said:
    I have a computer with a AMD Athlon II x2 "Regor" central processor,
    and I would like to know if it is still ANY good for the latest in gaming?
    If not could you please tell me how I might go about upgrading.

It's ok for gaming but not great I mean I personally would go with nothing less than a Phenom II and even that is starting to show it's age. What games are you playing and at what settings?
  3. Depends on your games, outdated, yes, "still any" good, yes also. Need rest of system specs esp. mobo to fully answer and suggest upgrades.
  4. abbadon_34 said:
    Depends on your games, outdated, yes, "still any" good, yes also. Need rest of system specs esp. mobo to fully answer and suggest upgrades.

My motherboard is a Dell 04GJJT, with the integrated Radeon HD 4200 graphics, and I have a 300W PSU.
    Would perhaps installing a Radeon HD 7750 do more for my gaming than upgrading the CPU?
  5. Best answer
    Yes a graphics card is what you need 1st and a 7750 is suited to the CPU which is very dated but not totally unusable.
  6. A new video card is a good idea but are you sure your motherboard has a PCI-e 16X? This is a picture of your motherboard and both slots look like PCI not PCI-e.
  7. Yes I'm sure my motherboard has a PCI-e x16 slot, but it doesn't have a little clip on the back end.
  8. Zraster said:
    Yes I'm sure my motherboard has a PCI-e x16 slot, but it doesn't have a little clip on the back end.

O thats why I thought it was PCI not PCI-e I'm use to seeing the clip on PCI-e 16X slots. As long as it is PCI-e 16X then you are fine.
  9. Best answer selected by Zraster.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming AMD