HP Pavillion s5760uk Upgrades/Transfer

BeerHuntor

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I bought a PC a year or so back, before I knew anything about PC gaming, and thus far it has been ok. But now with the newer games im wanting to play, im not getting the best performance out of my system, and having to play games on ultra low settings to get a reasonable 40fps.

I am looking to either upgrade my graphics card, I hear the ATI 5670 is a low profile card, but i need a 400w PSU to run it. And can't find anything that big for slimlines anywhere. This is the first time of doing anything that involves upgrading computers, so possibly don't know where to look. So I ask you this, what are my limitations of upgrading with this system? And if I cannot, how would i go about transfering my components to a bigger case, and where would i purchase something like that, im looking for the cheapest possible solution, so a price breakdown would be nice, if at all possible. Even if its average price, my knowlege of PC hardware is very very minimal. Thanks.

My PC Specs: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02675162&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=5035352&prodTypeId=12454

I have dedicated ATI HD 5450 GPU

Thank you.

TaintedG

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Upgrade to another Case.

1. It's not worth it to upgrade from 5450 to 5670.

2. You need a new PSU

3. Slimline case might not give you good airflow for any good GPUS

4. Getting a new PSu and case really extends your options!

For buying computer parts, go to newegg.com/.ca
But sometimes honestly, I find out that buying parts from computer stores locally can be cheaper (you save shipping)

BeerHuntor

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
The transferring of all components from my slimline case to a bigger case was easy, everything was capable of going into the case without any issues, I believe most motherboards will go with any case, granted I have a couple of motherboard screws spare as not all of them would fit with my new case where the holes were etc, but its secure. Also make sure you get hi profile brackets for all your components, (sound card/video card/WLAN etc) that is the biggest issue I have found,