Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New system build for under $1000usd

Last response: in Systems
October 7, 2012 12:17:35 AM

Can someone help me build a system for under 1000, does not need to be a gaming system. I'm not a gamer.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 months

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: watching/ripping dvds, surfing net, ( watching movies is the main goal, my system now won't play many mp4's, mkv's etc without being choppy)

Are you buying a monitor: NO

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) EVERYTHINg

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Parts Preferences: use to be partial to amd, but havent kept up in years, so no preference

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Additional Comments: Would like to add an ssd for boot, And would like the Corsair Graphite series 600t or the Antec DF-85 case, but not a deal breaker in any way. also would like the mobo to have one pata slot.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Upgrading because my system is over 12 years old lol, and i've been keeping it together with "DIGITAL" ducktape and glue for the past 8 years of that LMAO ( athlon xp 1600, asus a7n8x-e deluxe, 2gb of ram that i cant even remember the manufacturer.

Thank you in advance for your help

More about : system build 1000usd

October 8, 2012 12:45:12 AM

Ok thanks for the effort, but a couple of things, that mobo doesnt support pata or does it? and i'm sorry but i forgot to mention i only need a SSD i have several HDD's from my old system that i will put into the new system as well as a burner, so i don't need that either.
m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 2:34:47 PM

no new motherboards have pata. only the asrock fatality motherboards have it and they are not that great.
m
l
October 8, 2012 7:22:26 PM

Like Troll pointed out, no new boards except the Fatality boards do support PATA. This is very similar to Troll's build just upgraded graphics, and to me a faster SSD.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jJC0
m
l
October 8, 2012 7:23:47 PM

Wait a beat I got this thread confused with another, I thought your budget was $1200:p 
m
l
October 9, 2012 2:05:01 AM

okay thanks again, question though do i really need a 320 dollar video card when i don't do gaming. all i do is watch/rip movies and surf . was thinking maybe i could gain some savings here?
m
l

Best solution

October 9, 2012 2:29:41 AM

Oh sorry didn't see you weren't gaming. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jMtQ
October 9, 2012 2:35:38 AM

Thank you very much for all your time and help. Looks like ill be building a new system now!
m
l
February 24, 2013 5:14:31 PM

Best answer selected by pghkevy.
m
l
February 24, 2013 5:22:58 PM

SATA <-> PATA adapters are available.
m
l
!