Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hackintosh & Windows 7 on mini-itx gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
October 7, 2012 1:29:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

For a while now I tried to build the pc that fits the following criteria (quite, gaming, expandable, overclocking options) and spend around $2000

I end up with very nice system configurations but my problem always was that sooner or later I found something more interesting or better to replace one of my previous parts.

Then, I start looking into Hackintosh builds and found them interesting but I dont really know anything about Mac's and will take me some time to learn more.

On the other hand, I really like to create a compact build that will fit nice on the top of my desk and not underneath.

So here is what I am looking:

- My budget: around $2000
- Small Form Factor Gaming Build (Mini-Itx)
- Quite
- Use of 1 GPU (the best possible)
- To be used by one monitor

If I think of anything else, I'll reply

Thank you
D

Best solution

October 16, 2012 10:17:56 PM

Get a gigabyte mother board as they seems to be more compatible, this one is quite new and you can get it for 135$

Gigabyte LGA 1155 DDR3 1600 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Motherboard GA-Z77N-WIFI

As for the GPU you may get an ATI 6870 as it is one of the best GPU that can run on a hackingtosh out of the box(no patches or anything), buy a Saphire or a HIS IceQ version (HIS has a better reputation to be quiter, mine is very silent when running funs on 50%)

Even when a hackingtosh support integrated HD 3000 I have found so many issues so it's a good idea to get an descrete GPU card.

For overclocking I guess you may want to get a sandy bridge processor as i5 2500k but not sure about the gigabyte overclocking capabilities (I currently own an asus but I will be migrating to gigabyte).

Check out the bitfenix prodigy case, it seems nice and it's not so small so it will be more versatile to fit a big GPU and a big CPU cooler.

Saludos.
October 17, 2012 12:55:56 AM

Best answer selected by DionTheGreek.
m
l
!