Sign in with
Your question

Grapic Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2012 8:59:55 PM

Hello,
Iv'e just bought a samsung S23B550VS the colours look washed out on it. I'm running it on the maximum resolution of 1280x1024 the card in my computer is VIA/S3G KM400/KN400. the monitor requires 1920x1080.
What card would I need to buy for my PC to run it at that resolution?

More about : grapic card

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 9:07:09 PM

hi,

Actually any card will outperform onboard vga.

but the fact that the color a washed out might be related to the samsung itself. Have you tried changing the color scheme.

What cable are you using ?

What specs are you pc ?

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2012 9:07:44 PM

skyhawk12 said:
Hello,
Iv'e just bought a samsung S23B550VS the colours look washed out on it. I'm running it on the maximum resolution of 1280x1024 the card in my computer is VIA/S3G KM400/KN400. the monitor requires 1920x1080.
What card would I need to buy for my PC to run it at that resolution?

Any modern card, but check to see what kind of expansion slots you have and what height (full, low profile).

That S3 integrated video is circa 2003, I doubt you have PCI-E. If you only have AGP or PCI, I'd get a USB 2.0 Display device (USB to Video) that is capable of HD or a new PC, unfortunately. Don't spend money on a new AGP device these days.

However, washed out colours are fairly common on modern monitors made with TN panels (a type of LCD panel, the cheapest type). The best you can do is to try the adjustments on the monitor using the on screen display menus. If that doesn't do it, then a new video card will likely not help (if at all).
!