Active desktop opens all links in a new browser???

Howdy!

I have a small HTML links page that's just basically a bunch of links. I
used it with my Active Desktop. I haven't used it in a while, but when I
used to click a link, the page would replace the links page on my Active
Desktop.

Now, that I've just added the page to my current Active Desktop all the
links open a new browser window. None of the links have a target specified
and I'm not hold SHIFT when I click the link.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is it a Windows XP SP2 thing? Is it
because I have Firefox installed?

Any help is appreciated.

If I use TARGET="_SELF" then the page loads within the Active Desktop, but
any links on this new page will start a new browser.

"Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message
> Howdy!
>
> I have a small HTML links page that's just basically a bunch of links. I
> used it with my Active Desktop. I haven't used it in a while, but when I
> used to click a link, the page would replace the links page on my Active
> Desktop.
>
> Now, that I've just added the page to my current Active Desktop all the
> links open a new browser window. None of the links have a target specified
> and I'm not hold SHIFT when I click the link.
>
> Anyone know why this is happening? Is it a Windows XP SP2 thing? Is it
> because I have Firefox installed?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Mark Williamson

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
Hi fellas,

Just thought I'd share this simple trick with ya! To use a desktop web item as a browser (clicking links opens in same desktop item), you have to create a local html file with a single frame that points to your start page. Then, the links you click will open in that frame. Here is my template:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Desktop Item</TITLE>