Sign in with
Your question

Computer parts compatibility

Last response: in Systems
October 7, 2012 3:44:16 AM

I need to know if these parts are compatible with each other. ATX diablotek evo midtower, GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard, AMD 6100 FX black edition processor, dynex ATX 520 WPS, and 2 4Gb DDR3 DRAM cards
October 7, 2012 3:53:43 PM

o1die said:
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-p...

Bios file F1 is required for the cpu, and since it's the only file listed, your 6100 will work fine. You don't list your memory brand, but most cl9 non ecc ddr3 desktop ram will run fine.

Sorry, the RAM brand was ballistix. I'm not too concerned about the memory. I replaced these things in my computer cause it wasn't turning on. I put it all together and it's still not turning on and I'm frustrated. The only things that aren't new are my graphics card, sound card, disc drive and hard drive.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 7, 2012 4:08:50 PM

I would try another power supply if you have a spare. Dynex isn't the best. Also check for the proper lead from the ps for your video card (if required). I also do a breadboard test if you don't get a post screen. Remove the board from the case and place on a breadboard or other non conductive surface and power up using a plain screwdriver touching the case pin cluster. Move it around until it fires up. You may also reseat (reinstall) the ram; it may not be all the way into the slot. It's a common mistake.
!