icewavezero

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: January (Yes, I know this is a bit far out, but for now I am sticking with what you reccomend unless you can provide me with some links to new hardware that will be better, if so you are amazing.)

Budget Range: $1800 Maximum

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Constant Teamspeak, Skype, Potentially Technic Minecraft) when I am trying to let a factory test run), 3+ tabs of Firefox constantly, and other games if I am not playing Minecraft. Heavily addicted to Minecraft.

Parts Not Required: Peripherals as I will be getting those later in the future.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg if not using PCPartPicker, as that is the most comprehensive build site I have seen thus far.

Parts Preferences: CPU: Intel

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: In the future if I decide to double my 680's (Not planning on ever buying a GTX 690, not worth the performance, much rather run 2 680's)

Monitor Resolution: Decent..?

Additional Comments: I will be putting the parts list below. Yeah, I am using a Level 10 GT and I know it is overpriced. Alas, I am stupidly obsessed with it, and will not settle for anything else.

I will put the parts below, but if you want a better way to see it using PCPartPicker, here is a link: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/jz0W

Parts List:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k 3.4GHZ Quad-Core
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX 1155
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM Mechanical
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 680
Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition ATX Full Tower
DVD Reader Thing (I have no idea here): Lite-On iHas224-06 DVD/CD Writer (Again, what the hell do I use here? I just picked a CD thing I found. Does this even read CD's? I have no clue what I am doing here.)
Monitor: ASUS VE248H 24 Inch Monitor (I have barely any clue on monitors, reccomend a better one if you want. Keep in mind 24 inches is about the max disk space I have)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)

Full Price via PCPartPicker: $1764.01

Does this look good?

Solution
January? are you serious? make a new thread about a week before you are ready to build.
anyway,
this suits you better-

andrewcarr

Distinguished
My advice open a new thread two to three days before the reason we can't recommend is by then the new 8xxx series of AMD cards should be out along with many price drops. A $1800 build now could probably be bought and assemboled for about $1500 in January. The only thing I can tell you is to not waste your money on that Thermaltake case and to add in a SSD. Only thing I'd bet you'd keep is a Z77 motherboard and the same i5.

January? are you serious? make a new thread about a week before you are ready to build.
anyway,
this suits you better-
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.87 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($384.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 120Hz 24.0" Monitor ($370.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($92.67 @ Amazon)
Total: $1675.46
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

notes-
drop the "k" cpu's if you are not overclocking.
8GB is more than enough for gaming and daily stuff.
MSI OC'd 670 will max out almost anything you throw at 1080p with great FPS counts.to get the most of your gpu horsepower,i have added a stunning 120hz display too.
240GB SSD is enough for OS and your 'main game(s)' plus the 2TB storage for data.
750w is enough for 670 SLi.
spending so much on a fancy case is wastage,400r will serve you well.
if you don't need optical drive,save yourself $20.
all the parts are compatible and highly rated.
enjoy ;)

Solution