Moxas1111

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
hello everyone, so im using EVGA GTX 460 1GB and ZOTAC 460 2GB i installed everything normally went to Nvidia controll panel but there wasn't an SLI option so i tried a few things

1- downloaded countless drivers from Nvidia did a clean install

2- used driver sweeper more then a few times

3- updated windows to latest

4- updated MB BIOs

5- removed Realtek & tried latest version

6- removed one card rebooted then installed a driver then puted it back up and installed a driver again

all ended up with the same result, i don't know if im doing something wrong or something missing or whatever... i... need... HELP!

dingo07

Distinguished

well, if you had SLI running previously on another version of windows, then it has to be the drivers

but i recall there needing to be the same core, and bus speeds - without having themodel #s of your cards, I guess I really can't say they won't work

Moxas1111

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
i had a problem with the older windows too, but i managed to get SLI by installing an old beta driver, i tried same with new windows but didn't work so im confoused...

G

SLI's requirements have relaxed a lot, you now just need the same card (eg 2x GTX470) the drivers/cards now disable any extra VRAM (gpu memory) and clock down all cards to the same clocks as the slowest that is in the machine.

E.G. you may have;

XFX-GTX470 2GB (core 607/shader 1214/mem 1674)
and
ASUS-GTX470 1GB (core 630/shader 1260/mem 1700)

The XFX card would disable 1GB of its 2GB VRAM so it has equal memory to the ASUS card, and the ASUS card would clock down to the XFX card's speeds so they were equal. By default a slower card will never step up to meet faster cards as it may be unstable at those clocks, but you can overclock them all using a 3rd party overclocking facility EG RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner (You dont have to have everything MSI for that to work)

I am using the example of GTX470 cards from ASUS and XFX because that is what happens with my system. I am unsure what the clock speeds are like on 460's but i should expect it would be a similar story :) good luck. I also found the ability to enable software SLI with two GT210's (multi display HTPC) i am using the latest 301.42 WHQL drivers from NVIDIAs GeForce site (www.geforce.com)