Grey scale (black and white) window theme.

September 21, 2005 12:40:34 AM

Dear all,

I am looking for a windows theme that transform the desktop to pure
black and white look. Just like what windows looks when the shutdown
dialog poped up. Or, in another words, using a old fashion black and
white monitor.

Is there anyone knows that where can I download such thing?
please let me know:

my email is:
christopher.gao@gmail.com

Best regards,

Christopher.
September 21, 2005 6:32:22 PM

You dont only whant the theme to be black and white,
you also want your icons to be black and white... and that means that:

You will have to convert them too to grayscale.. (the notification icons
however are inside the applications and may need a resource hack to do this,
also icons on the programs toolbars will be colored.... and some programs
like MSN messenger does not allow full skinning).

Or

You will have to see if your display adaptor driver can turn down the color
completly.

The only way I was able to do this, was by accident on an old viper 330 pci
adaptor, when I tried to higher or lower the brightness with a utility
called VOLMOUSE.
The drivers did not support this, and it reverted to black and white...lol

There is also a possibility here that is mere speculation.. you will have to
look into it.
Perhaps one of the pins of the cable that go from the monitor to the display
adaptor is needed for grayscale... so if you find that out, get a monitor
cable extension cable and cut off the pins that send the color information
and use the extension to connect the monitor to the pc.

HOPE -- Desire and expectation rolled into one.
Ambrose Bierce1842-1914
"Christopher" <christopher.gao@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for a windows theme that transform the desktop to pure
> black and white look. Just like what windows looks when the shutdown
> dialog poped up. Or, in another words, using a old fashion black and
> white monitor.
>
> Is there anyone knows that where can I download such thing?
> please let me know:
>
> my email is:
> christopher.gao@gmail.com
>

> Best regards,
>
> Christopher.

October 17, 2006 1:51:44 PM

Hey if you are looking to just have a greyscale theme and are willing to manage the icons and stuff yourself check out Deviant Art

hit the categories button > cutomization> skins & themes > windows utilities > visual styles. Have fun!
!