Solved

Video card

I have a newer computer that runs great. It does everything I want it to do, even if it is a bit slow sometimes. I want to hook it up to my PlayStation 3D Display. :D But I do not want to spend a lot of money. I am tapped after the pc, ps3, and tv. What video card should I buy so I do not lose quality, but make it so I can hook up to HD?

Here is my motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02966470&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5205744#N524

I need something that will work with PCIx16, 300 watt power, and on a budget. Thank you all in advance.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about video card
  1. the main problem I am having is with the PCIx16 1.0 2.0 and 3.0, will they all work in this?
  2. Best answer
    The HD7750 (800GHz version) will be the strongest card you can safely run on a 300W PSU. Depending on whether it needs to be low-profile or single-slot, you'll spend $90-$120 on it (quite a range). If that's too rich, you can find a GDDR5 version of the HD6670 for as low as $75 if you play the rebate game and win. If that's still too high, some DDR3 versions of the HD6670 are as low as $50 after MIR; quite frankly though, with an APU, anything less than the HD7750 may not feel like enough of an improvement to be worth the price.
  3. How much is your budget?
  4. My budget is 100
  5. thank you, what do u mean by low profile or single slot?

Computer Case
    Mini-tower
    Height: 36.8 cm (14.4 inches)
    Width: 16.5 cm (6.4 inches)
    Depth: 38.9 cm (15.3 inches)
    Weight: 8 Kg (17.6 lbs) - without packaging
  6. Onus said:

ok, thank you for the great links, but witch one do u think will fit into my mini tower??
  7. Best answer selected by zac90.
  8. Onus said:

Yeah, it is, I guess I should have sent you that link in the first place, thank you for the help
  9. Thanks. If you get a HD7750, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. You may need to turn down AA because of the 128bit memory buss, but you'll be able to play on "decent" settings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PlayStation Graphics Product