Oct 7, 2012
Hello,

I recently had a machine build for me as below,

PSU: 600W Xigmatek
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics card: Radeon HD 7870 2GB
Hard Drives: WD Caviar Black 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Memory: 8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)

I have tested this machine on Batman, Trine Guild Wars 2 and front line fuel of war. When in the game world with settings med/high I get an on screen static in the form of rolling lines from left to right.

The machine has been rebuild by the supplier 3 times and each time the same static when gaming.... I have an 22"LG monitor using DVI, I have tried swapping the monitor and cable as well.

Has anyone else encountred this issue and figured out how to resolve it? Any advice, I would be greatful.

selo75

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
To add to my previous post...
I have also tried 3x 7850's and another 7870, also a Nvida 660ti, all show the same lines on the screen.. Weirdly enough, take out the GFX and use onboard and the issue goes away.

make sure the mb bios is up to date. in the bios set the gpu as the first video device and turn of the mvp chipset. if you installed the mvp software boot into safe mode and remove it. use gpu-z and read the gpu bus speed. make sure the onboard slot is working fine. if it not reading right. see if there a bent pin or dirt in the slot or on the card. try the card in the other video card slot. also try changing in the bios pci bus mode from auto to pci-3 to pci-2 and see if anything changes. if it works fine under pci 2.0 mode but not three it a muitlplexer chip on the mb.

selo75

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Ok, first thank you for your reply, I will admit that some of it was above my pay grade...

Checked bios and it was up to date.

set GPU to my card from auto, ran test.... failed
Set PCI-E 3 failed
Set PCI-E 2 failed
GPU Z looks correct and PC is completely dust free.

No idea if MVP was installed a it was pre build by an online company, I have checked control panel and nothing stands out.

I am really at a loose end this problem has been ongoing for about 2 months, as previously stated this is the 3rd build of the same components (new parts same spec). I have contacted the site and hopefully tomorrow I will get an answer, although as ive already had 3 builds im not sure where to go next!