Sign in with
Your question

FX-8320, SSD & Windows 7 internet issues

Last response: in Components
February 20, 2013 10:34:06 AM

I recently replaced my HDD with an SSD and got a really good deal on my FX-8320 from my local Micro Center but after I did reload of windows 7 along with upgrading my modem/router threw my local cable provider my internet has been having a lot if timeout out issues after I open 4 or more tabs along with slow download speeds. I have gone threw all of the hardware in my system and looked for driver updates and found none and then I found a few thing saying that windows 7 has some problems with the newer CPU's from AMD so did Microsoft release something to help the CPU run better or does this mean I need to go to windows 8 with in the next month or so to fix the internet problems I am having. I also bought a newer Cat6 Ethernet cable hoping that would help it but it didn't. Also before I upgraded my CPU from a Phenom II 1055T to what I have now which is the FX-8320 I never had any internet issues with my old CPU. Thanks.
February 28, 2013 5:53:55 AM

Your issues are almost certainly not related. You just replaced your modem and router and blame your AMD CPU?
Try blaming the new modem and router. Get it sorted with your ISP.
m
l
June 22, 2013 9:33:59 AM

Forgetfull said:
I recently replaced my HDD with an SSD and got a really good deal on my FX-8320 from my local Micro Center but after I did reload of windows 7 along with upgrading my modem/router threw my local cable provider my internet has been having a lot if timeout out issues after I open 4 or more tabs along with slow download speeds. I have gone threw all of the hardware in my system and looked for driver updates and found none and then I found a few thing saying that windows 7 has some problems with the newer CPU's from AMD so did Microsoft release something to help the CPU run better or does this mean I need to go to windows 8 with in the next month or so to fix the internet problems I am having. I also bought a newer Cat6 Ethernet cable hoping that would help it but it didn't. Also before I upgraded my CPU from a Phenom II 1055T to what I have now which is the FX-8320 I never had any internet issues with my old CPU. Thanks.

m
l
June 22, 2013 9:50:37 AM

I also have had this slow to no CPU function issue with my FX-8320. Along with a noisy fan that gets loud and quiet without the CPU temp changing. I also upgraded my router but it was before my processor/MB upgrade. I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 with 16Gb of memory, no overclocking and running Windows 7 with all current drivers and fixes loaded, CPU/MB compatible hardware. I of course can't get any one of the major players to say it is them (Microsoft, Gigabyte, AMD). I would say it probably isn't thing to do with the internet side but without a hard failure or BSOD it is frustrating to track down the main culprit. I have fought for a solid week now and almost fill there is a faulty part in the mix that just won't break. I do hope someone knows of a fix because I would really like to keep this configuration.
m
l
!