Which multifunction printer do you recommend?!

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on which of the following multifunction printers to purchase for my home and small business opening next year. As I am from New Zealand, there is not much selection, however all of the ones below are similarly priced, and JUST in my price range, (no dinner for a month!).

The choices are - in NZ dollars:

1. HP PSC 2110. $315.00.

2. Epson Stylus CX 3100. $364.00.

3. Brother MFC 3100. $369.00.

4. Canon MPC 190. $357.00.

5. HP Officejet 4110. $335.00.

6. Other. (Please state!).

As it is quite an expensive investment for my home, and my business I will be opening up next year, I thought I would ask for some advice and choice, based on performance, cost of ink, etc.

I bought an HP printer a year ago, and each ink cartridge is $50.00 NZ compared with an Epson printer my friend has which costs $12.50 NZ for replacement ink cartridges, so I don't want to make that mistake again.

Maybe someone can be really nice and read some reviews of them. I have managed to read some reviews, however there is a lot of techno talk I don't understand! What do you think, guys? Your help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Matthew Sheehan.

For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord.
4 answers Last reply
More about which multifunction printer recommend
  1. Hey dude, Ill give you the rundown on the models:
    PSC 2110 not bad, superceded now by the psc1210
    PSC1210 good entrylevel unit, only $249
    CX3100 My pick, really good res, cartridges are about $55 and $45
    Brother MFC3100, not a flatbed scanner, has individual tanks tho
    MPC190 Nice unit, cartridges are $15 blk and $44 col (NZD)
    does a nice print and a small footprint
    Hope this helps Dude
    btw Im in NZ too

Me and Seven of Nine, Ohhh Yeah
  2. Hey,

Thanks for your help. I've actually narrowed it down myself between the Canon and the Epson models, however I can't decide. Both have cheap ink and high resolutions, so I'm kinda undecied between those two now. And the Brother model seems alright...

I am definitely staying away from HP models due to their insane and WAY overpriced ink - $80 - $100. I don't know which has more advantages - a flatbed or one where you feed the paper in yourself, which means more scans and copies at a faster speed.

Thanks again,

Matthew Sheehan.

3. Yep, I read that review, which is why I am leaning towards the Epson. I must congratulate you writers on your reviews, they are definitely more in depth and intensive than any other reviews out there. One of your reviews actually forced me to buy a Radeon 9100. :)

Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals