Sign in with
Your question

Which multifunction printer do you recommend?!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 23, 2003 9:15:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on which of the following multifunction printers to purchase for my home and small business opening next year. As I am from New Zealand, there is not much selection, however all of the ones below are similarly priced, and JUST in my price range, (no dinner for a month!).

The choices are - in NZ dollars:

1. HP PSC 2110. $315.00.

2. Epson Stylus CX 3100. $364.00.

3. Brother MFC 3100. $369.00.

4. Canon MPC 190. $357.00.

5. HP Officejet 4110. $335.00.

6. Other. (Please state!).

As it is quite an expensive investment for my home, and my business I will be opening up next year, I thought I would ask for some advice and choice, based on performance, cost of ink, etc.

I bought an HP printer a year ago, and each ink cartridge is $50.00 NZ compared with an Epson printer my friend has which costs $12.50 NZ for replacement ink cartridges, so I don't want to make that mistake again.

Maybe someone can be really nice and read some reviews of them. I have managed to read some reviews, however there is a lot of techno talk I don't understand! What do you think, guys? Your help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Matthew Sheehan.

For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord.
July 27, 2003 9:36:11 AM

Hey dude, Ill give you the rundown on the models:
PSC 2110 not bad, superceded now by the psc1210
PSC1210 good entrylevel unit, only $249
CX3100 My pick, really good res, cartridges are about $55 and $45
Brother MFC3100, not a flatbed scanner, has individual tanks tho
MPC190 Nice unit, cartridges are $15 blk and $44 col (NZD)
does a nice print and a small footprint
Hope this helps Dude
btw Im in NZ too

Me and Seven of Nine, Ohhh Yeah
July 27, 2003 11:21:59 PM

Hey,

Thanks for your help. I've actually narrowed it down myself between the Canon and the Epson models, however I can't decide. Both have cheap ink and high resolutions, so I'm kinda undecied between those two now. And the Brother model seems alright...

I am definitely staying away from HP models due to their insane and WAY overpriced ink - $80 - $100. I don't know which has more advantages - a flatbed or one where you feed the paper in yourself, which means more scans and copies at a faster speed.

Thanks again,

Matthew Sheehan.

Related resources
July 29, 2003 11:25:09 PM

Yep, I read that review, which is why I am leaning towards the Epson. I must congratulate you writers on your reviews, they are definitely more in depth and intensive than any other reviews out there. One of your reviews actually forced me to buy a Radeon 9100. :) 

!