Router help

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.routers,alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good -
however I'm having problems!

My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly
via cable into port 1. Is there any way to close off and open that port via
the router? I would like to restrict its access.

tia

Chris-John Turner wrote:

> Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good -
> however I'm having problems!
>
> My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly
> via cable into port 1. Is there any way to close off and open that port via
> the router? I would like to restrict its access.
>
> tia

You mean a remote control of that port from another PC?
Most routers can restrict the allowed IP numbers and/or MAC addresses.
Read the router manual.

--
Veel plezier / Have fun
Bert