I been bitten

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
What the @#%$% I have to write this all over again. 98 has been a real pain since I last formatted it and decided to shut down on me. At least I have another computer running right next to me with Win2000, nope that's froze too. Screwed that up last night. I know what I'll be doing this week end. Anyway.

Attention Windows 2000 Users !!! my mobo manual says.
When installing the 4-1 drivers 4.26 uncheck the VIA BM Ultra ATA driver.
So, I did and everything to my acknowledge was OK, at least it seem to work pretty good.
Not being good enough for me I have to go on the Net and download everything underneath the sun. I got threw windows updates with no problem. Then I come to VIA 4-1 drivers. Boy, there sure is a lot to read about it, so I decided to just go ahead and install them and it's been freezing ever since.

I looked in Add and Remove software, don't see it. I put my mobo CD in and reinstall the drivers, accept for the first. I don't know if that would fix it or not, but it has only freeze once since that.
From what I know my system checks out OK. But to save me sometime <font color=red>how do I uninstall the 4-1 drivers or at least the one that cause trouble? OR is there a driver I can replace it with.</font color=red><font color=blue> And also how can I test my HDD for it's speed?</font color=blue>

Complicated Nit Picker

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
depending on the version, there may be the option to remove when you reinetall, failing that, remove them from device manager, however I wouldnt have thought the 4 in 1's are your problem if you are using the latest ones (the ones on your mobo cd WONT be the latest ones)

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?