Recommendations for first gaming build. (esp PSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axekicker

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
INTEL CORE I5-3470 (3.20GHZ)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H
GSKILLS RIPJAWS 8GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
WDGTL 500GB SATA 3.0 7200RPM BLUE
SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition OC ED
*FSP Aurum CM 650W 80+ GOLD
ANTEC ONE

any recommendation for this setup right here?
i only plan to use this for high-end gaming. no overclock plans(since i have no experience yet), if i will, it'll be 'small' overclock trials :))

especially regarding my PSU, is it the best one for this rig or can i step down to a FSP Aurum 550W?

i mixed and matched these parts from different $1k builds so im really not sure if its good or not, so sorry if i made a similar post or something.

comments please! i want the best-cheapest parts recommendation but at the same time will last(not needed to be replaced soon) thanks!

Solution
if you are not planning on overclocking downgrade the motherboard to z75 from z77
get a better brand power supply such as Antec, Corsair...get a 550-600watt one
other than that looks good...dont forget to purchase windows oem for a legit copy of windows :p
if you are not planning on overclocking downgrade the motherboard to z75 from z77
get a better brand power supply such as Antec, Corsair...get a 550-600watt one
other than that looks good...dont forget to purchase windows oem for a legit copy of windows :p

Solution

axekicker

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

thanks! so will i be good with a 520/550W PSU? (w/ 7870 overclocked edition?) thanks again! ^_^

and which of these ones are best? fsp aurum 550w, seasonic g550, seasonic x560 (all 3 are 80+ gold) or the seasonic 520W 80+bronze (~$25 cheaper)?

yes 520/550 is fine as long as you buy it from a good brand
i guess seasonic is the best out of the two...80 gold means they are the most efficient...you get to the closest wattage advertised on the box so the bronze is a little worse...go for the gold one dont cheap out on power supplies as if you get a crap one it can short circuit and fry all of the parts its connected to

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS