brothertobattle

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hello,
I've recently purchased an HD5770 off of ebay that had had a more efficient cooling solution applied (background). I've had a 5770 for a couple years already, and not had any problems with it, but decided i wanted to try crossfire because i'd heard that the performance of 5770s in crossfire is excellent.

The problem

If i have it as the only video card, the computer will boot and fans spin (etc.), but my monitor displays only "No signal" before going into sleep mode. If i have it in crossfire and the dvi/vga/hdmi cable (tried all three) is plugged into the new card, the same thing happens. If i have the dvi/vga cable plugged into the old card the same thing happens, but if the hdmi cable is plugged into the old card, the monitor behaves normally. The computer will boot, i can get into the BIOS, and it will show the Win 7 loading screen before it boots completely into Windows, but will freeze just a second before it boots completely.

Is there anything i can do? The seller said the card was working when he sent it. It crossed international lines (Canada-->U.S.), but the packaging was excellent (anti-static bag, foam peanuts, etc.)

Thank you in advance, kind people who know things about computers. :)

I posted this previously on overclock.net forums, and the advice i received didnt prove helpful (was recommended to completely wipe the AMD graphics drivers, then reinstall them; did it a couple times to be sure, but with no luck).

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
Try turning your PC only with the newly bought card...if it don't give display then try to use vga interface....And when your running crossfire make sure you have a decent power supply always...atleast a good branded 650W with two +12V lines and two 6pin connectors will perform well...Antec, Corsair, XFX, Coolermaster or good 80+ certified brand is good