ASUS VG236H OR SAMSUNG S23A700D

hipsterhusky

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hello,
I Have been looking for a 120Hz Gaming/Video Watching/Editing Monitor.

Now so far every 120hz monitor has 3D Support, im fine with 3D, won't really use it tho.

ive heard reviews saying SAMSUNG S23A700D does not support Nvidia Graphics Cards, and i have a EVGA GTX 680, so that would be bad, i know i won't really use 3D but it would be nice to have it working you know?.

so ASUS VG236H ive heard it would work with 680, but still i don't know wich one to chose.

some say samsung has better 120hz and response times, wich is just perfect for me.

i like the samsung products, never dissapointed me that is why i would like to buy the SAMSUNG S23A700D.

BUT i would like to hear you guys opinion on this.

THANK YOU :)

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hi

Both screens are top class. With the price difference almost negligible they both offer almost the same things. The only difference is the power consumption of the samsung one, being a bit less than that of the asus. Furthermore asus products are more towards gaming and the extra feature for nvidia 3D vision backs up that. In my opinion this feature will not make any difference at all since the samsung one will dsplay 3d games evenly perfect. On the other hand though the small price difference will not give you a better display rather it will give you a more valuable choice in terms of brand.
So if you want to have a, theoretically, more dedicated rig towards gaming then choose the asus one. If prestige is not a concern then go for the samsung one.

Hope this helps!