EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hey guys,

I've just bought a new Nvidia EVGA GTX690 graphics card installed drivers and everything, so that went fine and so forth.

The monitor I have is a: SAMSUNG S27A950D 27" FHD WS 2MS 120HZ 3D LED MONITOR

1 problem, my computer is now stuck with like this 2 inch black border all around the screen.

Errors and so forth:
Code 43 error shows in Device Manager for the driver saying the device has been disabled due to something or other.

When I try and access Nvidia Contorl Panel it says it can't detect a monitor connected to it.

When I check my display to change resolution and so forth in control panel it allows resolution change, however no monitor info is being shown(Advanced settings) nor can it detect my other monitor.

Troubleshooting so far:
Re-installed drivers
Wiped drivers completely and tried re-installing again.
Tried different monitors
Monitor is definitely plugged into the GPU via a DVI cable.

Does anyone know what to do? Normally this issue only happens on ATI cards, and I don't know how to fix this, google has failed me.

EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I have done some more troubleshooting, and found that the screen only works on one port of the graphics card, same goes for the other screen, and is showing the black border still.

Hope this helps some more.

EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I'm thinking the reason it's not detecting with other ports is SLI issues, as essentially the 690 has internal SLI, however once again I can't access Nvidia Control Panel to fix issues as computer can't start it due to said issues.

It's retarded -_-

EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Yes, nothing is connected wrong mate, card everything is running fine.

To be precise the card requires 2 plugin points, which are both 8 pins, the slots perfectly match up, so it's not a connection issue.

My exact computer specs, although I didn't think everything apart form what already is stated would be required:
---------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA

PSU: CORSAIR 1200W AX-1200 MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

CPU: INTEL CORE i7 3930K SANDY BRIDGE-E 3.2GHz 12MB

OS and GPU drivers run on a: SILICON POWER VELOX V60 2.5" 240GB SSD SATA3 550/520

RAM: G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR3 RIPJAWS Z C9 1600MHz (Quad Channel)

Monitor: SAMSUNG S27A950D 27" FHD WS 2MS 120HZ 3D LED MONITOR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can say is everything worked fine until I put the new card in, old card was Nvidia, so I didn't think there'd be so many issues either.

EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Googled the Code 43 before, it did not help much xD

EddySpeddy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Great, another $40 taking it back, having the computer store confirm it's faulty, then waiting 2 weeks for them to have it done, and the 3rd time. Why cna't I buy *** that works the first time for once -_-