LF help with buying a new gaming comp.

RebeccaJM

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
So I am on pcpartpicker.com and I think my head might explode from all the choices. Looking to spend no more than 1,000 or 1,200 for a new computer. My question is should I just buy a prebuilt computer from cyberpower because I know nothing about building a computer. Even if I had all the parts who do I take it too? I live in the East Providence area of RI and I can't seem to find a company that custom builds gaming pc's.

So any help here would be awesome!

Yeah, don't buy a prebuilt - you'll get ripped off. As for taking the parts to someone, don't bother. It's EXTREMELY easy to build one yourself, which is why there aren't any companies. Anyone who likes computers enough to order the parts is going to like them enough to put the parts together.

RebeccaJM

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hmmmm the idea of building my own comp. scares me but maybe I can do it. waiting for the video to load. Fortunately I do have Windows 7 premium already so I can take 100$ off that.

Wouldn't a full tower be better but because it has more room? I have an antec already mid tower and its so cramped inside ... wires everywhere.

About Windows 7 ... if I can only use it to register one comp. can't I call Microsoft for a new product key?

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
You can get a pretty good pre-built PC for that price but you can get a much better PC if you build it on your own.The difference in performance will be around 40%.You decide for yourself whether it's worth the hassle.And even if you can't assemble it yourself you can pay someone to do it for you.And the PC you built will still be cheaper and faster than a pre-built one.

a full tower would just be a waste of space. most mi-towers have more than enough space to manuver around cables since you have windows already, id suggest this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jDD4

-provided a better, quieter and easier to cable manage case.