Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

7750 no supported by the mobo

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 16, 2012 1:28:08 PM

my sapphire radeon hd 7750 1gb ddr5 did not install on my pc because the computer expert told me that it will not support my motherboard. he also told that i have to buy intel i3 and a motherboard to support my pc. is this is true?

More about : 7750 supported mobo

a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 1:31:02 PM

If the motherboard has a PCI-E 2.0 x16 or newer slot it will support the GPU. The processor has nothing to do with GPU-mobo compatibility. What is your current motherboard?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 1:32:20 PM

BSNL said:
my sapphire radeon hd 7750 1gb ddr5 did not install on my pc because the computer expert told me that it will not support my motherboard. he also told that i have to buy intel i3 and a motherboard to support my pc. is this is true?


What was the specifications of your computer ?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 1:34:22 PM

Maxx_Power said:
What was the specifications of your computer ?

its here,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

and motherboard is MSI boston v1.0. please help me because i cannot send back the 7750 graphics card as the seal is broken and i have to use it any how.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 1:35:48 PM

auntarie said:
If the motherboard has a PCI-E 2.0 x16 or newer slot it will support the GPU. The processor has nothing to do with GPU-mobo compatibility. What is your current motherboard?

my mobo has one pciex16 slot. the first time when the computer expert tried to install the 7750, the fan on the 7750 was spinning but there was no signal on the vga port.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 1:42:48 PM

BSNL said:
my mobo has one pciex16 slot. the first time when the computer expert tried to install the 7750, the fan on the 7750 was spinning but there was no signal on the vga port.


It'll work on that board, I don't see why not, and with that CPU and entire setup.

What I would check for:

(1) Go into the BIOS and see if there are settings of which display adapter enumerates first (the boot-up display device), change this to PCI-E, or discrete instead of onboard/integrated.

(2) Install the board, and unplug the monitor cable from the back of the computer where the motherboard ports are, and replug it into the video card you just installed.

That should be all there is to it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 1:43:59 PM

It says in the info that it supports PCI-E x16 cards so you should have no problems. Before you bought the 7750, were you using the integrated HD3100? If so, try disabling it in the BIOS. There should be an option along the lines of "primary video processor" or something like that. Just select the 7750 and you should be good to go.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 1:46:01 PM

Maxx_Power said:
It'll work on that board, I don't see why not, and with that CPU and entire setup.

What I would check for:

(1) Go into the BIOS and see if there are settings of which display adapter enumerates first (the boot-up display device), change this to PCI-E, or discrete instead of onboard/integrated.

(2) Install the board, and unplug the monitor cable from the back of the computer where the motherboard ports are, and replug it into the video card you just installed.

That should be all there is to it.

my BIOS is :-
Brand- phoenix technologies LTD
version-5.24
Date-06/19/2009.
should i need to update the bios before doing those settings?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 1:47:14 PM

Nope.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 1:48:16 PM

auntarie said:
It says in the info that it supports PCI-E x16 cards so you should have no problems. Before you bought the 7750, were you using the integrated HD3100? If so, try disabling it in the BIOS. There should be an option along the lines of "primary video processor" or something like that. Just select the 7750 and you should be good to go.

yes i had integrated graphics card of intel gma x3100(256 mb), how to disable that in the bios ,please tell me the full description of how to disable it in the bios. i bios comes out on pressing f10 while on booting.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 1:49:18 PM

BSNL said:
my BIOS is :-
Brand- phoenix technologies LTD
version-5.24
Date-06/19/2009.
should i need to update the bios before doing those settings?


You CAN update the BIOS if there is a newer one once you figure out what the problem is. No point in dragging in other potential problems if your computer works fine, and it is just the order of display adapters that needs to be set in the BIOS.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 1:51:20 PM

BSNL said:
yes i had integrated graphics card of intel gma x3100(256 mb), how to disable that in the bios ,please tell me the full description of how to disable it in the bios. i bios comes out on pressing f10 while on booting.


Okay, go into the BIOS

A few tabs will be at the top, go to Advanced (RIGHT arrow key), and go down to primary video adapter, press enter or use the pg up and down keys to adjust this value or sometimes arrow keys set it to PCI-E 16x.


This is from your computer's motherboard manual online:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

Scroll down until you get to the "Advanced Menu Settings" Yours should look identical to this.

Image of the BIOS page you need here:



EDIT: CORRECTED IMAGE.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 1:52:37 PM

BSNL said:
yes i had integrated graphics card of intel gma x3100(256 mb), how to disable that in the bios ,please tell me the full description of how to disable it in the bios. i bios comes out on pressing f10 while on booting.


Just enter the BIOS and look for options/settings and then for something like "primary video processor" or "primary graphics adapter". You do need to have the 7750 installed in the PCI-E slot. I have no idea what your mobo's BIOS looks like so I can't give you a step-by-step walkthrough. maxx_power might be able to help you with that.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 2:40:00 PM

auntarie said:
Just enter the BIOS and look for options/settings and then for something like "primary video processor" or "primary graphics adapter". You do need to have the 7750 installed in the PCI-E slot. I have no idea what your mobo's BIOS looks like so I can't give you a step-by-step walkthrough. maxx_power might be able to help you with that.

yes man the settings were done when the computer expert was installing 7750. he changed the primary video adapter to from onboard to pcie, but still nothing happened and it showed as usual no input signal.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 2:41:58 PM

Well if everything on the card is working (LEDs, fans) and it's still showing no signal, maybe the card's dead. Highly improbable with a brand new card, but still possible. Can you try with another GPU?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 94 V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 2:42:40 PM

Your "computer expert" didn't have a DVI monitor to try? maybe is the dvi vga adapter not working. You said the fan is spinning, but is the computer come on?
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 2:49:04 PM

rgd1101 said:
Your "computer expert" didn't have a DVI monitor to try? maybe is the dvi vga adapter not working. You said the fan is spinning, but is the computer come on?

no it didn't came on, it was showing no input signal.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 2:49:55 PM

auntarie said:
Well if everything on the card is working (LEDs, fans) and it's still showing no signal, maybe the card's dead. Highly improbable with a brand new card, but still possible. Can you try with another GPU?

how can a new graphics card be dead? the fan was working.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 2:51:34 PM

BSNL said:
how can a new graphics card be dead? the fan was working.


We've had quite a lot of people on the forums whose cards are acting normally (fans spinning, LEDs are on etc.) but they aren't showing picture or the monitor does not recognize them. In the end, it turned out that the GPUs were dead.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 94 V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 2:52:59 PM

BSNL said:
no it didn't came on, it was showing no input signal.

I'm not talking about the monitor, I'm talking about the computer, you know the CPU, RAM, hard drive, motherboard. Did it sound like it starting the OS.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 2:55:24 PM

auntarie said:
We've had quite a lot of people on the forums whose cards are acting normally (fans spinning, LEDs are on etc.) but they aren't showing picture or the monitor does not recognize them. In the end, it turned out that the GPUs were dead.

are you sure that it can be the problem?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 2:56:48 PM

BSNL said:
are you sure that it can be the problem?


Well, we'll know for sure if you try another card, preferably similar to this 7750. If everything works- there's your problem right there :D 
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 2:58:11 PM

auntarie said:
Well, we'll know for sure if you try another card, preferably similar to this 7750. If everything works- there's your problem right there :D 

i do no have any other graphics card. i am currently playing games with integrated intel gma x3100(256mb) graphics card.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 3:04:20 PM

If you can convince sapphire to change it somehow... But you have no proof that it doesn't work. I'm sure they'll give you a thousand other reasons for why it's not giving signal.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 3:07:19 PM

auntarie said:
If you can convince sapphire to change it somehow... But you have no proof that it doesn't work. I'm sure they'll give you a thousand other reasons for why it's not giving signal.

yes i went to change but they told that you have to buy an intel i3 , ram 8gb and a new ddr3 motherboard to support that 7750. and they are not willing to take the 7750 as the product's seal was broken.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 3:10:51 PM

I'd like someone to explain to me exactly what the processor, ram and memory type of the motherboard have to do with supporting a GPU. I honestly have no idea what to do now. The only option I can think of is to ask a friend that trusts you enough to lend you their GPU.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 3:11:59 PM

Well I have heard of the odd issue with newer cards in PCI express 1.0 slots, quite rare though and saw more Nvidia, by and large the slots should be backward compatible (and the slot should be able to provide up to 75W alone).

I'm just wondering if there might be a power supply issue as I see by the link that the PC comes with only a 180W PSU, the 7750 is pretty frugal so I would have thought you would still be OK (idles at a few watts and 40 odd peak). Just wondering if you could borrow something a bit beefier from a friend to try. These sorts of problems are infuriating without some spare computers laying around:( 
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 3:46:00 PM

auntarie said:
I'd like someone to explain to me exactly what the processor, ram and memory type of the motherboard have to do with supporting a GPU. I honestly have no idea what to do now. The only option I can think of is to ask a friend that trusts you enough to lend you their GPU.

well then i am going to try to install that that 7750 by my own. it would be better if you help me. if you want to know anything about my pc specs then don't hesitate.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 3:56:03 PM

What kind of help do you need?
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 3:57:14 PM

auntarie said:
What kind of help do you need?

installing guide. and the issues should be known by me.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:07:01 PM

I'll take it you haven't installed a GPU before. Here goes:

1) Remove old GPU, if any. The slot might have some clips, be careful. If you didn't previously have a dedicated GPU you will have to remove the backplates from the case in order to free up space in the back of the PC case. It depends on the case, but it's usually simple to do (a screw or clip somewhere).
2) Place the 7750 in an appropriate PCI-E slot. Just push it in gently until it clicks in place.
3) Fasten the GPU. There should be a place for a screw where the card touches the back end of the PC case.
4) Plug in any necessary PCI-E power connectors. I don't think the 7750 has any though, it draws all the power it needs from the slot.
5) Power up and install drivers.

That's pretty much it. I'll try to find a video somewhere in case my instructions weren't clear.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 4:07:41 PM

auntarie said:
I'll take it you haven't installed a GPU before. Here goes:

1) Remove old GPU, if any. The slot might have some clips, be careful. If you didn't previously have a dedicated GPU you will have to remove the backplates from the case in order to free up space in the back of the PC case. It depends on the case, but it's usually simple to do (a screw or clip somewhere).
2) Place the 7750 in an appropriate PCI-E slot. Just push it in gently until it clicks in place.
3) Fasten the GPU. There should be a place for a screw where the card touches the back end of the PC case.
4) Plug in any necessary PCI-E power connectors. I don't think the 7750 has any though, it draws all the power it needs from the slot.
5) Power up and install drivers.

That's pretty much it. I'll try to find a video somewhere in case my instructions weren't clear.

and when i have to insert the driver cd?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:12:51 PM

Don't. Go on the AMD website and download the latest. Do that after you have put the card into place and have booted into windows. And really, watch the video in case I missed something :/ 
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 4:15:35 PM

auntarie said:
Don't. Go on the AMD website and download the latest. Do that after you have put the card into place and have booted into windows. And really, watch the video in case I missed something :/ 

i think it will not happen . the pc expert did the same thing as you told.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:20:10 PM

Try it. There's not much else you can do right now anyway...
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 4:23:57 PM

I think that computer expert is not an expert at all if he said you needed new motherboard for HD 7750. Sounds like he only wants to make money by selling stuff to you. Furthermore, did he plug the monitor to the new graphics card and not the motherboard?

I'd bring the card to one of your friends places and try the card in their computer to check whether it's not dead.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 4:46:05 PM

Sunius said:
I think that computer expert is not an expert at all if he said you needed new motherboard for HD 7750. Sounds like he only wants to make money by selling stuff to you. Furthermore, did he plug the monitor to the new graphics card and not the motherboard?

I'd bring the card to one of your friends places and try the card in their computer to check whether it's not dead.

will i have to do anything in the bios or update it
my BIOS is :-
Brand- phoenix technologies LTD
version-5.24
Date-06/19/2009.
should i need to update the bios before installing that 7750 again? and yes he plug the vga port monitor to the vga adapter(the graphics card 7750 has no dvi port ,so an dvi to vga adapter has been used) but still shows no input signal. do i have to change any hardware or software?and should i need to disable my integrated graphics card in the device manager before installing 7750?
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 4:49:52 PM

No, you should not to do that. It could make your computer inoperational (both updating BIOS and disabling integrated graphics in device manager). Anyway, when you first turn on the PC it has nothing to do with windows settings and it should display POST messages.

Also, doesn't your monitor have DVI input?

And why are you so reluctant to try the card in friends PC?

m
0
l
August 16, 2012 4:52:37 PM

Sunius said:
No, you should not to do that. It could make your computer inoperational (both updating BIOS and disabling integrated graphics in device manager). Anyway, when you first turn on the PC it has nothing to do with windows settings and it should display POST messages.

Also, doesn't your monitor have DVI input?

And why are you so reluctant to try the card in friends PC?

becoz i am afraid that they have low performance pc, my friends do not like gaming. my friends only use pc to see movies, chat,fb,internet,etc.

yes my monitor has dvi port but i do not have a dvi cable.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 4:53:34 PM

auntarie said:
Try it. There's not much else you can do right now anyway...

but the pc expert did only that things, it would be useless to try it again.
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 5:05:50 PM

He might have missed something. As for friends having low performance PCs: so what? You aren't going to be playing anything. You just need to insert it for 5 minutes to check whether the graphics card is dead or not.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:07:01 PM

BSNL said:
becoz i am afraid that they have low performance pc, my friends do not like gaming. my friends only use pc to see movies, chat,fb,internet,etc.

yes my monitor has dvi port but i do not have a dvi cable.


Even if they have a low performance PC if they have a PCI-E slot you can test it in you'll know if the video card is the problem or if there's an issue somehow with your system.

I'll repeat what other people have said. Your CPU, RAM, HDD etc do not make the slightest difference as far as your video card goes. Those items will affect just how well your gaming experience is, but it won't disable the card from working.

You can try a lot of things with the card, but if the card itself is bad then you're doing a lot of pointless work. That's why people are suggesting you test your card in another system. Literally it should take you about 1-2 minutes to put it in, turn the computer on, and take it out. You don't have to have drivers to know if the display is working. If you see a picture it is working.

It also sounds like your expert isn't an expert.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:08:49 PM

Sunius said:
He might have missed something. As for friends having low performance PCs: so what? You aren't going to be playing anything. You just need to insert it for 5 minutes to check whether the graphics card is dead or not.

yes the graphics card's fan was spinning after inserting in the pciex16 slot. but there was no signal on the monitor, showing that "vga-no input signal".what is the cause of this?
fan's spinning which means that the 7750 has no problem.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:08:58 PM

BSNL said:
but the pc expert did only that things, it would be useless to try it again.


It is worth repeating. Your expert is not an expert. Or perhaps he is an expert con-artist? Or something is being lost in translation. One thing I'm certain of is what you've told us either was mis-understood or you're being ripped off.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:10:27 PM

BSNL said:
yes the graphics card's fan was spinning after inserting in the pciex16 slot. but there was no signal on the monitor, showing that "vga-no input signal".what is the cause of this?


Like others have said. The video card could be broken. Typically referred to as DOA (Dead on Arrival). If you go read reviews for any piece of hardware on newegg almost ALL of them have some reports that their product did not work out of the box.
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 5:11:09 PM

BSNL said:
yes the graphics card's fan was spinning after inserting in the pciex16 slot. but there was no signal on the monitor, showing that "vga-no input signal".what is the cause of this?


Could be anything. Faulty monitor. Faulty cable. Faulty adapter. Faulty PCIe slot. Faulty card. Spinning fan doesn't mean the card is alive. There's a reason I've suggested trying the card in another PC.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:13:01 PM

ncasolo said:
Like others have said. The video card could be broken. Typically referred to as DOA (Dead on Arrival). If you go read reviews for any piece of hardware on newegg almost ALL of them have some reports that their product did not work out of the box.

so will i try again to insert the 7750 or send a complain to the shop that it didn't worked on my pc?
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 5:14:51 PM

Try it in your friends PC. We're trying to help you; why are you so reluctant so follow our advice?
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 5:15:35 PM

Sunius said:
Could be anything. Faulty monitor. Faulty cable. Faulty adapter. Faulty PCIe slot. Faulty card. Spinning fan doesn't mean the card is alive. There's a reason I've suggested trying the card in another PC.

no faulty monitor because i have an LCD tv and i also tried on that tv but nothing happened. i will try with dvi to dvi cable. but the main problem out of all the problems is listed is faulty pcie slot. how do i know that the slot is faulty or not?
m
0
l
!