I Need AT&T DSL Modem to Router Bridging Help

I have AT&T DSL (without a phone). My modem is a Westell 327W (D90-327W14-06). I have a Netgear WNDR3700 that I would like to use in place of the modem's wi-fi. I have a custom built desktop pc with Dual 10/100/1000 LAN and a Nettalk VOIP device that I'll need to have as wired connections. Additionally, I will use my Mac Mini, laptop (802.11b/g/n), and HTC Inspire 4G smartphone to the wi-fi. Also, I would like to be able to use the router's ReadyShare to access my external hard drive and share my scanner/printer that's hooked up to my Mac over my home network.

From what I have found online, I believe that in order to do this I need to bridge my router and modem, disabling the modem's wireless completely. I am somewhat confused on how this is done though, because in all of the directions I have found they say to change the the network seetings from PPPoE to bridged, and when I do that I loose my internet. Can someone help me to get them bridged as well as tell me if I then connect everything or only the wi-fi connections to my router? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about modem router bridging help
  1. After you put your DSL Modem in Bridge Mode, you need to setup your PPPoE connection on your Netgear WNDR3700.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Networking