Sign in with
Your question

I Need AT&T DSL Modem to Router Bridging Help

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
October 1, 2011 6:58:28 AM

I have AT&T DSL (without a phone). My modem is a Westell 327W (D90-327W14-06). I have a Netgear WNDR3700 that I would like to use in place of the modem's wi-fi. I have a custom built desktop pc with Dual 10/100/1000 LAN and a Nettalk VOIP device that I'll need to have as wired connections. Additionally, I will use my Mac Mini, laptop (802.11b/g/n), and HTC Inspire 4G smartphone to the wi-fi. Also, I would like to be able to use the router's ReadyShare to access my external hard drive and share my scanner/printer that's hooked up to my Mac over my home network.

From what I have found online, I believe that in order to do this I need to bridge my router and modem, disabling the modem's wireless completely. I am somewhat confused on how this is done though, because in all of the directions I have found they say to change the the network seetings from PPPoE to bridged, and when I do that I loose my internet. Can someone help me to get them bridged as well as tell me if I then connect everything or only the wi-fi connections to my router? Thanks.

More about : dsl modem router bridging

Anonymous
October 1, 2011 10:57:40 AM

After you put your DSL Modem in Bridge Mode, you need to setup your PPPoE connection on your Netgear WNDR3700.
m
l
!