Direct X 9.0B not passing logo testing/install failing

Currently running direct x 8.1 (had to do a system
restore because of other issues and that's my default
version), and when I try to install directx 9, when it
begins to copy the files, it stops, tells me it hasn't
passed logo testing, and that setup will not continue.
I've seen this in cases where I'm installing device
drivers, but there has always been the option
of "continue anyway", but in the case of the directx 9
install, I get no such option, and the install fails.
Anyone know how to fix this?

same problem here, but trying to upgrade from 9.0a to
9.0b. We need help :)