kamakazi2o6

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
So I finally finished my build. This is my first ever build and most of the parts were bought on sale or on a whim. I went into it not knowing anything about what to even buy and what works. I just wanted an opinion of whether this build is good for a gaming computer, for mainly 3d gaming like MW3, BF and etc. If there are any other things I might need to upgrade I would love to have more experienced feedback. So far it runs great and I can play GW2, Skyrim, D3 and MW3 fine. I would like to know if I could also OC this build.
Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7850
PSU: Corsair GS700 80 PLUS BRONZE
HDD: Western Digital 1.5 TB WD Green SATA III Intellipower 64 MB Cache
RAM: Patriot 16GB 4x4 G Series Sector 5 PC3-10666 1333MHz
Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout
BD-RW:ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive

All heatsinks and fans are stock. Is there anything I need to also upgrade? Or anything else you'd need to know about my build to give more advice? Do I need better cooling for my CPU or computer in general? I do run hot if I leave my computer on for a long time while afking in a game.

kamakazi2o6

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Yeah everything has been bought over the course of a year. Most of them were on sale at my local Fry's or Newegg. Cost me about 900 to complete it. What should I upgrade to make it better? Or is it good enough as it is?

kamakazi2o6

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I think SSDs are still too over priced for how much memory you get, if anything I'd only see a 60gb one useful for booting up. Is my build good enough to OC after I get a better cooler for my cpu?

SSDs are by FAR worth it. You're not storing data on it, you're making windows boot in less than 8 seconds, or opening photoshop in 2.

In addition to throwing an aftermarket cooler in there, I'd grab an extra fan or two to use as a side intake and a top output - just to help with airflow, since that case is pretty tight.

chairsgotoschool

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
sorry if this was in the post but how much was it. i read through really fast. its a good build, seems like those specs are becoming common for most gamers

also a SSD would be nice just get a 40gb for booting windows (or whatever you use) they are only around 50 bucks.

also if i may ask why do people get 16gb ram all builds i see have 8 or 16gb of ram really to play any game you only need 4 the only need for 8 or 16 i can think of is running servers