Freezes and Slow-downs on Toshiba Laptop

aerostalgic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Ello', I would just like to ask a question.

Heres the pre-story i guess: My Toshiba laptop is a little over 2 months old, and it was working perfectly fine , in fact i was in love with my laptop until about 2 weeks ago.

2 Weeks ago, i began having sudden slowdowns. The slowdown followed my cd drive making noises as if it was reading something, making about 2 or 3 ticking noises, after that day, the laptop decides to just start not working the way it was. Firefox/Opera/Google chrome would just constantly give me (Not Responding) , and my laptop in general would just freeze to the point where i would have to force shutdown my laptop with the power button. And it would even occasionally freeze and drastically slow down in safe mode. I haven't been able to play the games i usually play such as Borderlands 2, and even League of Legends freezes during game play. I recently did a reboot, but that didn't solve anything.

Anyway, its not as if the issue got progressively worse, it just sorta just happened out of the blue. Now, before the slow downs, i was on a downloading-spree , so i was thinking i had a virus of some kind. After running Maleware Bytes, Spy bot S&D and Super-antispyware( half-way), it came up with nothing, so i was guessing i was having junk build up and registry errors, so i run some basic programs like CCleaner, Smart Defrag/Defraggler, and Jet Clean, but it still continues.

I looked at my task manager also, and didn't see anything taking up a lot memory.

So my question is, can anyone explain to me what the heck is going on with my slightly brand-new laptop?Should i invest in new parts? Or does Toshiba just suck and I'm S.O.L?

If you are able to, try and remove the actual CD/DVD drive and try booting up without it to see if the drive is causing a problem; I suspect not, but maybe.

FYI, Toshiba's are a very very good laptop brand.

aerostalgic

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012

While i would like to learn how to remove a CD/DVD drive just to test to see if this could be the problem, i don't think its the issue, since it hasn't made any reading noises in a while, except when i reseted my laptop to factory settings, and was reinstalling all of the necessary window files. But i will keep this in mind i suppose.

I thought Toshiba's was a good brand, however one of my other friends i was talking with while looking for a laptop was telling me it was better to get a HP, or a Dell, oh well.

glenvalbutt

Reputable
May 14, 2015