What Power Supply should I get?

crypto138

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello! I am a first time builder so I am seeking some help to ensure I get the best bang for my buck. The area I know the smallest about is the power supply. I don't know how much power I need or what brands are good or anything really. Here is the rest of my build for reference:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670
MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme 4 (or the extreme 6, I haven't decided yet)
RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint f3

I have looked into it a bit, and the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W seems alright...but I just don't know. I am on a budget so I'd like to stick under $120 if I can. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

You may be able to get away with the TX650, I'd rather see the 750W you linked first for the headroom in SLI (future option) - considering a decent CPU overclock and GPU overclock, I think you'll be pushing a 650W's capabilities. Two things to consider here, 1) PSU's run most efficiently in the 25%-80% draw range, 2) A PSU will only draw the power the system needs. Putting a 750W in there while only using 200W will still only use 200W so to a degree, especially when considering possible hardware upgrades, slight overkill isn't a bad thing