Laptop for my Mom- Help

jcc03

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
1. What is your budget? max $600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6+

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It doesn't need to be portable.

5. How much battery life do you need? It will be plugged in most of the time , but at least an hour.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Just in case I borrow it, I would like to play games like LoL(I could play it on her other one that had an i5 and onboard graphics)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Surfing the internet, minor photo stuff and that's about it

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 300 GB+, but if it's a nice one for 250 I would think about it

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.newegg.com
and maybe
www.tigerdirect.com
I doubt I will find a decent one on bestbuy
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years, or as long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm not so happy with gateway, and some dell's.

13. What country do you live in?
US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.

Decent warranty and support if something goes wrong.

It would be nice to have a decent amount of RAM and a processor, if I could get a mobile i7 processor it would be great.

Alternative, Hit Best Buy on Black Friday with you Mom and find a $300-$400 laptop that feels good to her, looks good to her. ANY laptop sold will meet the requirements you lists -- able to browse web and do email with 1 hour battery life. (Exception, if you really want the laptop to game then get on with an A6 or A8 amd or a discrete video card.. the discrete video will push the price right up).