luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
If that's a gamin computer, it seems like a lot of wasted money. An i5-3570K would be better for gaming thanks to Lucid HyperFormance and Virtual V-Sync and would be much cheaper as would the motherboard. The GTX 680 is hardly any faster at all than the much cheaper GTX 670. That PSU is beyond being overkill and I don't trust the brand. Your RAM choice is extremely overkill. Your hard drive choice is a poorly performing hard drive.

obsama1

Distinguished
For gaming, this is an overkill build.

1.) Switch the mobo out for an ASRock Extreme 4/6.

2.) The 680 is a poor value compared to the 670.

3.)1050w is way too much! Get a 650w.

4.) You're spending 3x more on the RAM than you should be spending. 8GB of 1600 will be enough.

Died quickly

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Wow thanks for the help..the reason i was going with this stuff was i wanta make sure i can run everyhing at full res and all detail on high..Thanks for all the help and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated...

As far a CPU power hows does that I5 compare to the I7...

Also i plan on running SLI would a 650 be enough?

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

i7 is approximately equal to i5 in gaming performance. It is better for professional work, but gaming generally sees little improvement from it.

SLI on anything other than the GTX 670 or better is unusually inconsistent in performance scaling and that's $350-450 per card. Basically, avoid SLI. SLI is best for a future upgrade option, but it's usually not good to start off with it.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
SSDs are far faster than hard drives to an extreme. It's difficult to describe the speed up except making things that take a while to load load up instantly. Even better is that it doesn't slow down when you do multiple storage-intensive things at once such as decompressing a large archive while doing a virus scan while playing games.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

SSD gets OS, yes. Depending on capacity, some also get other things that they have space for. For example, with a 128GB SSD, you can throw on a few programs and maybe a storage-intensive game or two without an issue. The hard drive gets everything that the SSD either doesn't have space for or that doesn't make sense to be put on the SSD even if it does have space for it.