Corsair 400r VS Zalman Z11 Plus

drkdeath5000

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Looking at buying a case for my build and i cant decide between these two cases.

Novatech Vortex - Based on the Corsair 400r and is £20 less so should be a fantastic case.
Zalman Z11 Plus - Another great case, excellent cooling

Both are brilliant cases which is making it near impossible to choose. I'm wondering if the Novatech Vortex is better since is based on a more expensive case that being the Corsair 400r.

My components are:

intel core i7 2700k (processor)
radeon 7970 (graphics card)
16gb corsair vengance (ram)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H (motherboard)
Corsair builder series 600w (psu)
Corsair H60 (water cooler)

I havent entirely made my mind up about the cooler, i have the H60 but after realising its not going to get me that great an overclock im considering a h100 or forgetting water cooling entirely and going with a NH-D14 which is supposed to give similar results to a H100. With this in mind i really need a case that can keep my options open, in other words so i can do water cooling or air cooling.

Both cases above will support a H100 in the top although the Zalman needs the top panel removing permanently. I believe both will also support a NH-D14.

Please help me choose, which is the better case ?

bull22

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
I have the 400r and I am VERY happy with it. That being said, I can't comment on the other cases but it was amazing to work with and cable management was a breeze.

drkdeath5000

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks i really like the 400r, the one im looking at isnt quite a 400r but its as good as, same chasis just cheaper. I'll be buying it tomorrow so if anyone has anything to add or a reason why i should get the zalman instead please let me know. I've looked at a lot of cases these past few days, some as high as £110 but this novatech branded 400r seems the best value.

drkdeath5000

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Well i still havent decided on a case, i was set on the novatech branded 400r but when i went to order i found it wasnt in stock until april 26th ! Since then i've ordered a corsair 400r only to cancel it an hour later and change it to a zalman z12 plus which i have now also cancelled. Arghh who knew choosing a case would be so difficult, not me ... I've done lots of research on various cases and i still dont know what to get. My gut is telling me to forget the h100 and go for a case optimised for air cooling like the antec eleven hundred but something is stopping me.