Solved

I3 for gaming?

So, I'm spending $1100 on a gaming desktop(This includes monitor, mouse, and keyboard).

I plan on buying an Intel Core i3-2100 3.10 Ghz and a GTX 680.

Will my CPU compromise the power of my GPU? Do I need a more powerful CPU or will the one I've chosen suffice?

Games I will mostly be playing are BF3 and Planetside 2.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming
  1. there won't be any bottleneck but you would be better of if you got a i5 and a 670 the 670 is about 5% slower i think
  2. Best answer
    that will be ok, you'll wont have any bottleneck, however for more convenience, i'll go with a 670 and an I5-3570k

The 670 is just a little margin below the 680 so save 100$ and put in on the 3570k to have the power of overclocking it ^^ You'll get the same game performance but it'll better in BF3 as it's multithreaded and in any applications/games that are capable of running 4 cores...
  3. Best answer selected by DarkenedOne17.
  4. spawnkiller said:
    that will be ok, you'll wont have any bottleneck, however for more convenience, i'll go with a 670 and an I5-3570k

The 670 is just a little margin below the 680 so save 100$ and put in on the 3570k to have the power of overclocking it ^^ You'll get the same game performance but it'll better in BF3 as it's multithreaded and in any applications/games that are capable of running 4 cores...

Thanks for the help, I'll do that and get the i5 with the GTX 670.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming