Sign in with
Your question

Why do people buy radeon cards, god CCC aweful.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2012 4:09:49 PM

I saw CCC on my friends computer, it takes forever to load and is not user friendly at all. We also had to hack is registry because it would default to -15% underscan on every restart! I'm just curious why it's so bad?
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:22:43 PM

I've never had a problem with CCC. Perhaps your friend is using old, outdated hardware?
m
l
August 16, 2012 4:29:26 PM

He just bought a 7950 and has a good CPU and ram

The only reason he got it was because it was $320 shipped but he was dreading bein stuck with CCC again. The underscan problem is widespread and they haven't fixed it in years
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:30:22 PM

It's good thing people buy AMD cards. If you don't like them, look at it this way: If AMD bankrupts, Nvidia will be able to rise the prices to heavens. As long as AMD lives, it doesn't let Nvidia take the king crown and controls the prices. Furthermore, you're always able to choose what you buy yourself :) .
m
l
August 16, 2012 4:33:13 PM

I have had numerous Radeon cards across several systems, and never had a problem with CCC. Of course your mileage may vary, but I've yet to see an issue.

I've also had several nVidia cards, which have also been solid and dependable. Really never have had much trouble with video cards.

Now Creative sound cards...hoo boy, that's a very different story, but probably out of scope for this thread.
m
l
August 16, 2012 4:35:11 PM

Haha well I think the cards are nice, the build quality and performance is really good... Just not digging the software lol. He will click catylist and sometimes it won't open, or it'll take 30-45 seconds to open.

Maybe his computer has other issues, I'll look into it
m
l
August 16, 2012 4:47:00 PM

I personally prefer CCC to Nvidia's software... I had a computer with GTX 670 for around a month, and missed CCC.
m
l
August 16, 2012 4:57:37 PM

Is he using an HDMI out to a TV? I found I had the problem with underscan and still can't get it exactly adjusted how I want it. I got it pretty close. I think at any point and time a series of drivers can be a pain in the ass for some people.
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 5:00:42 PM

I found it loads a lot slower under XP. Quite annoying TBH. And I have stopped the CCC from loading on start up using the msconfig box. I don't know why but I never looked into it either. Perhaps it needs more memory to load than one would suspect ? Something for the "pros" to look into.
m
l
August 16, 2012 5:00:42 PM

The under or over scan is a setting with AMD not CCC normally when useing HDMI i had this issue a while back with my 5770 once i changed the settings to not over/under scan everything was fine and CCC for me is the one i use to this day with no problems
m
l
August 16, 2012 5:03:47 PM

ncasolo said:
Is he using an HDMI out to a TV? I found I had the problem with underscan and still can't get it exactly adjusted how I want it. I got it pretty close. I think at any point and time a series of drivers can be a pain in the ass for some people.

Exactly, there's a registry hack to fix it.

We just googled it you need to type in a new dword phrase I forget the exact phrase
m
l
!