Benj89

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hello,
I'm running intel i7 3770k, asus sabertooth z77, msi oc gtx 670, 16g Kingston 1333mhz, sandisk 250g ssd, and 1000w fatal1ty psu. In corsair 300r. No overclocking.
My issue is with a solid red screen that appears within the first 30 seconds of seeing the desktop screen. This was not happening yesterday and it now happens every time i start my computer. I can't restore from a backup because it doesn't give me enough time before turning red, and I'm pretty sure it is just a display issue because I can shut down and still hear the jingle of windows signing off.
I was playing Borderlands 2 yesterday without problems. The only activity I can remember besides that was the update of a program called magic tune (which I believe is for my monitor). There was some other activity but I don't think it sounds as relevant. One more likely relevant point is that I had this computer shipped. I picked it up 2 days ago and I noticed some damage to the inside (the clip on the sata cable connected to the ssd had snapped, and the hdd that I use for backing up was actually dislodged from its regular position, suggesting that my computer was dropped. Actually, the box and styrofoam were broken too, so I know it was dropped). I have reported the issue to the shipping company but I would like to determine what exactly is malfunctioning.
I'm pretty sure that the drivers are all up to date. If the issue is caused by damage from the drop, why would it have worked fine yesterday? I'm very new to all of this; if there is any detail that I have missed that may help to solve this issue, please ask for it.

eshepard

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
you said you were pretty sure the drivers are up to date, if you boot in safe mode does the screen go red??

if not u have isolated the problem to drivers/software configuration

try booting in safe mode, assuming that works, you can check drivers, uninstall, roll back, update, whatever