GTX 670, is 70-74 degrees too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifyouseekay

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I recently started playing Skyrim with ENB graphics enhancements and noticed the fans making a lot of noise, and found the the GPU temperature reaches as high as the low 70s.

Everything is stock, although there is a slight stock overclock on the model I have.

Is that temperate too high and should I be worried?

Solution

70-75 is a fine temp. 90 is where I would start getting worried. ENB taxes video cards a bit more then vanilla skyrim, but even so those temps are 100% ok! Enjoy your game!

grifinas

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
it's very anoying how people post these topics without first googling, it would take less time to just find that information on the web than to log in and post a topic here.

If it gets past 85 the you should be worried, but not now

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

70-75 is a fine temp. 90 is where I would start getting worried. ENB taxes video cards a bit more then vanilla skyrim, but even so those temps are 100% ok! Enjoy your game!

Solution
G

What style cooler is on the card? or which card is it? More importantly, what case is this in? Also, describe your current case fan congifuration. My 670 is typically in the mid 50`s and will peak at 60. I think you can likely improve your temps with an improvement in case airflow

Stickem

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
Typical temps while gaming for the 670 with stock cooler should be 60-70C while under load. With more graphically demanding games, you can expect 70-75C which is wthin normal parameters. You card is rated to withstand much higher temps but you never want your card operating extremely hot because it is bad joo joo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.