Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Temperature
  • Windows 7
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 16, 2012 4:46:00 PM

I bought a new gtx 560 and a crosair VS 450w PSU .& i downloaded a gadget for windows 7 that showed temp of my gpu MAX upto 85 degrees ....So is it true that my GPU temperature is increasing upyo 85 degreees ? & Is it Safe ? & how can i reduce gpu temp ?

More about : gpu temperature reaching degrees

a b $ Windows 7
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 5:02:34 PM

Is the 85 degrees at full load? 85 degrees is not an issue and should be fine under load. I would worry if you start to get close to 100c. To decrease the temps. increase airflow in your case. Is the fan on the card working properly - does it increase speed as it gets hot. Clean the dust out of the case(especially the dust that builds up on fan blades). You could also upgrade the cooling on the card, and sometimes just replacing the thermal paste on the GPU can lower temps.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2012 6:33:45 PM

Try a different hardware monitor to verify temps. As suggested you need good airflow. couple fans intake and couple fans exhaust. Does your case side panel offer fan location? Also, what case is this in? describe existing fan configuration
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 6:56:30 PM

Is it 85 degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit? If it's 85F you're golden on idle. If you're 85C and it's idle there's a problem.
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 10:05:02 PM

Download a software called MSI Afterburner. It will read the temps and you can adjust the fan speed.
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:25:08 AM

i have a option for my case to install fans..............and 85 degrees Celcius is under load when playing BF3.......so is it obvious to get temperatures like that ?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 5:32:31 AM

That's pretty warm, not terrible, but not really great. What make/model of video card do you own? How is your cable management? Could you post pictures?
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:57:18 AM

its the zotac gtx 560 1gb gpu ....As my case is tooo small my cable managment is horrrible ,Could it be the reason ?????
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 8:30:54 AM

It could just be airflow in general.
m
l
August 17, 2012 11:20:04 AM

i turned my settings into ULTRA and using MSI afterburn it utilized 99% GPU & gave me 40-50 FPS at 80 degrees max. BUT i had opened my case ......IS this good sign as far as temp. is concerned or should adjust the fan speed ???
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 11:27:20 AM

Thats a little better. Just change the fan speed.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 11:59:43 AM

Several of Zotac's GTX 560 models come overvolted from the factory at something crazy like 1.1V. I know of several people who have had issues with overheating from this. Most of the problems are on Ti version of the card, but not all. Do you know how to check your voltage?
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 12:06:17 PM

stant1rm said:
Several of Zotac's GTX 560 models come overvolted from the factory at something crazy like 1.1V. I know of several people who have had issues with overheating from this. Most of the problems are on Ti version of the card, but not all. Do you know how to check your voltage?

My gigabyte 560 ti soc runs at 1.5V ( 2.22A ) at load and reaches 69C in games after i added fans and did some cable management.
Before that it reached 75C.
I think more fans and better cable management might solve your issue.
m
l
August 17, 2012 1:29:52 PM

i have cooling option for 80mm fan But i am confused to where to place it?? At the back side or on the side panel....... My case is very small so how to have a better cable management And alo how cable managment can reduce heating problems ????
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 1:37:43 PM

Blowing the air in off course.
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 1:38:07 PM

Cable management improves the airflow, tying them all together allows air to move more easily through your case.

Try to get as much cables as you can behind the mobo. ( in the space between the metal casing next to the mobo and the sidepanel )

I assume you have already 1 fan blowing air out so the best thing is to place the extra fan in front or better on the side, specially if it is at the same height as your gpu.
m
l
August 17, 2012 2:10:34 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Cable management improves the airflow, tying them all together allows air to move more easily through your case.

Try to get as much cables as you can behind the mobo. ( in the space between the metal casing next to the mobo and the sidepanel )

I assume you have already 1 fan blowing air out so the best thing is to place the extra fan in front or better on the side, specially if it is at the same height as your gpu.

Which is that fan which blows air OUT???
m
l
August 17, 2012 2:10:37 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Blowing the air in off course.

didnt get u ,?? Hey i dont have a single fan on my cabinet......i have irdered 1 80mm fan ...
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 4:05:49 PM

You don't have a fan on the back blowing air out ? If so, no wonder your temps are high.

If you really don't have one best thing is to put the new one at the back blowing the air out ( placed as high as possible ), even better to get two fans, one in and one out.
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:05:55 PM

on the top i have my PSU's air blowing out... I have the fan option at the BACK but middle of the case and others on the side So i should first put the fan on the back panel ???? From OUtside or inside ???? But Also GPU blows air from there.. RIGHT???So should i go with back OR with Side Panels ?
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
August 17, 2012 5:55:26 PM

Mmmm, i would put it on the side, blowing cold air in. If possible just below the gpu.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
August 18, 2012 9:18:30 PM

Yep Two fans for you. One in the back as exhaust and one on side panel as intake.

What case are you using anyway?
m
l
March 14, 2013 7:59:50 PM

ss202sl said:
Is the 85 degrees at full load? 85 degrees is not an issue and should be fine under load. I would worry if you start to get close to 100c. To decrease the temps. increase airflow in your case. Is the fan on the card working properly - does it increase speed as it gets hot. Clean the dust out of the case(especially the dust that builds up on fan blades). You could also upgrade the cooling on the card, and sometimes just replacing the thermal paste on the GPU can lower temps.

thanks for the advice this might be an old thread but it did the trick...im liquid cooled btw(all koolance system)...I just took out my gtx 680 which would overheat when under any type of load (idle temps would be at 30 which is not bad....??) and took the block off reapplied arctic silver 5 instead of the stuff koolance shipped which was probably not as near enough as I needed :sarcastic:  and reinstalled and voila worked like a charm! so for anyone else with this problem just reseat the cards cooling device and you should be good
m
l